Danger in the Air

(DAYU)

I feel a lot better after four hours of undisturbed sleep. When I woke up, I found Captain Wang still at home, writing and sending letters, waiting for me to get up.

"Hello, my heart." Captain kissed my cheek. "Did you had a nice rest?"

"Yes." I nodded before giving my lover a questioning look. "Why are you still here? Shouldn't you be in the Palace, overseeing the security for the banquet?"

Captain Wang nodded. "I should, but some guests had arrived."

"Guests? Who?"

"Your uncle and Luau." My Captain sounded disgruntled while answering.

I felt surprised. "Uncle Feng and Luau are here?" I look around our anteroom. "Where are they?" I asked when I didn't see our guests around. "When did they arrive?"

"During breakfast. They are resting in the guestrooms. Hua entertained them with stories and teas while the nannies readied the rooms." My lover replied. "I am sending messages to my subordinates. I will leave for the Palace after lunch to inspect the security measures I ordered to be imposed. But for now, your uncle wants to talk to us."

"About what?" I asked in curiosity.

"About the "parcel" we met last night." Captain Wang replied ever so casually. I felt my eyes widening. "My Uncle Feng knows..."

Captain Wang nodded. "He knows about the boy."

"Oh my..." I am about to feel lightheaded again. "And he is here to talk about the "parcel"?"

"That's what he said, yes."

"Then why didn't you wake me up?" I cannot believe Captain Wang let me sleep while there is an important thing that happened while I am resting.

"It can wait," Captain sighed. "You need the rest. This day will be long for us. Besides, your uncle needs some rest after his travel from SiChuan."

I scoffed. "I doubt my uncle tasked himself in this trip. He might have an experience in military and governing a province but Uncle Feng is not averse to luxury. I know he traveled very comfortably." I said.

"Even so, they need the rest so I decided to let you to sleep. And I think you should eat first before meeting them." Captain suggested.

"No. I am not hungry. Lets talk to Uncle first." I shook my head.

"But luncheon is still two hours away, my heart. You are hungry," my lover insisted.

"No! I am not hung--..." I stopped talking when Captain and I heard a growling sound from down between us. I put a hand on my middle.

Captain Wang chuckled softly. He kissed my cheek again. "You need to eat. I insist that you do. I will order some tea and buns. Eat first before talking to your uncle and Luau. They are not going anywhere."

I sighed and nodded my agreement to his decision.

And that's what I did. I downed two cups of tea and some savory buns before I washed and changed my clothes. I went to check on Hua first and saw my daughter getting her bathing equiptments ready. Hua will took a bath in her room after luncheon. The big wooden tub is already placed on one corner of her room, ready to be filled with bath water.