Exhibition

(WANG DAO)

"Were you all given a warning that you will participate in an exhibition tonight?" Prince Guo asked once the shock of the Emperor's announcement has subsided in our group.

"No," Yong and I both answered.

"Will you all be okay?" Hua asked. Her worried eyes on me.

I gave my sister my signature smirk to reassure her. "I don't know about them," I said pointing at Yong and Manchu. "But I think I will be fine..."

Prince Jin snorted. "Don't be too assured of that."

Prince Guo sighed while patting Yong's shoulder. "Try to be gentle with the Wang boy. We still need him to guard the Crown Prince." He said while looking back and forth at his two guards.

Manchu gave out a pleased chuckle. "Not gonna make any promises I won't be able to keep." He threw me a smug look.

I sneered at that. "You all wish." I uttered in full confidence and leave it at that. These people didn't know that I challenged and survived a fight against my own sire, a Master General. Yong and Manchu won't be able to defeat me.

The central area of the banquet hall was cleared up for us. That's where the exhibition will be held. In front of the Imperial Family and the hundreds of guests whose in attendance at this gathering.

Somewhere in the throng is my Baba and Father. I should probably seek my Father after this exhibition so I can get his comments on my fighting skills I am trying to improve.

My Baba and Father will be watching. I should win. I should impress my parents and everyone here. 

They want an exhibition, fine, I will give them a show.

"Goodluck," I heard Hua said. I nodded to her and my sister smiled at me in confidence. That's all I need to know I can win this. My sister always trusted my cunning and strength. She is, by far, a better and stronger fighter than me but Hua always believes that I can win.

For her, I am her champion. She trusts me and is confident about me.

What more do I need to win?

Yong, Manchu and I walked to the center of the hall, accompanied by applause. We all bowed to the Imperial Family before we faced each other.

"So, how do we do this? One against two?" I asked Yong and Manchu.

Manchu sneered at me. "You are that cocky to think you can beat us both?"

I shrugged, "It doesn't matter to me. I fight to win." I said.

Yong and Manchu looked at each other. Manchu sighed, "Do we do it like in old times?" He asked Yong.

Yong nodded. "Yes. Let's beat him and then fight to see who gets to be the best in the end."

"Okay," Manchu smiled and nodded before he took some steps backward. "Then by all means, let's do this the old way,"

Judging by their words and stances, I take it that they have done this before. Several times before.

Manchu continued to go to the side as Yong and I stood to face each other. It looks to me that this exhibitin will begin with me and Yong. I stared at my opponent and assess him. Yong is taller and bulkier than me, with a wicked looking spear on his hand and a deadlier looking short scimitar on his belt.

I don't know if Yong is concealing more weapons in his clothes but I won't discount that. Heaven knows I got more arsenals hidden inside my severely black ensemble.