Chapter 57- Blind

Start from the beginning

Goro's heart thrummed harder and faster. He gently pushed her off him, scared that she could hear his heartbeat, and hid his face from her. The male didn't know what to say or even how to act. But he was certain that he wouldn't go back to his old ways. In fact, when he turned to her to insult her, he didn't even feel the urge to. When he saw her face, those beautiful (e/c) eyes of hers watching him, he froze up. 

"What's wrong?" 

Words trapped in his throat. Goro's eyes flicked over her face. Recognising the curve of her cheek. The slight lines around her mouth where she smiled so often. Even the arch of her brows. All so very perfect to him. This situation was completely alien to him. Yeah he had girlfriend's in the past and also the occasional flings, but this seemed different. He could say that he cared for some. Yet they never had this effect on him. None made him blush or embarrassed, in fact he was the one that did that to the women.

"You're..." Goro started and (f/n)'s attention jumbled all thoughts "too close, back up will ya!" 

Brows furrowing, (f/n) shifted away from him even though she was almost hanging off the large bed. "You're very strange." 

Indeed he was. Goro would agree with her and that made him groan out loud. How clueless was she? VERY! He's kissed her before, done all sorts of obvious things to show he likes her. Heck, even the rest of the guys made it obvious. Yet she didn't acknoledge a single one. Maybe she didn't want to ruin what they all had. But it was starting to get to the point where it's unfair to the guys. Maybe it was selfish to think this, but Goro wanted her to pick him and only him. To only show her wonderful smile to him. 

"Anyway-" Goro sat up and tilted his head to the door "-it's time you come down and we all talk this out." 

(f/n) was hesitant. Her body curling up as she pressed her lips together. She glanced between the door and Goro, seeing his expectant gaze on her. It was true. They did need to talk. After everything that happened, nothing was addressed. Nothing explained. 

She slowly nodded her head and followed Goro out the room. 

~

Drip. Drip. Drip. 

Daichi listened to her kitchen sink as he sat on the sofa and stared into space. In his hands was the broken chain. The only thing he felt that brought him close to her. Once again she was gone. Back in the arms of those men that corrupted her. It was because of them that (f/n) was so different and that was something he could not forgive. He wanted the old (f/n) back, but that wasn't possible. She was far too gone. That calls for only one thing. 

He'd rather have her innocent memory, than her dirtied physical body. 

Daichi clenched onto the chains harder, shoulders shaking in pure untamed anger. He needed to be the one to do it. No one else had the right to. He'll deliver the final blow. 

Suddenly, the balcony door slid open and Daichi shot up from the sofa. He readied himself to use the chains as a weapon as a man slowly prowled inside. His overwhelmingly tall height threatening the silver male. Daichi spotted the deep tan and pink eyes, as well as the obvious dyed strip of pink hair. 

"Get out." Daichi growled and the stranger lazily smirked at him. 

He drawled out, "I've heard a lot about you from my men. You're quite a fighter aren't ya." 

The stranger sat down on the other sofa, crossing one over another as he leaned back into the cushions. Daichi stayed standing, eyes not leaving him, and couldn't decide whether he should relax or not. 

"Daichi is it? I heard that you want little (f/n)." He continued and the mere mention of (f/n)'s name made Daichi boil over. "You see, I want her too but only for the last work. I propose we work together. We get her, make her lead us to the last work and then I'll hand her over to you. My men will guard the both of you so no one could get to her, if you wish it, and I'll even provide a new place to stay."

"You think I'm just going to trust a guy who I don't know and walked in from the balcony?" Daichi sneered, chuckling bitterly as he lifted the chain. "I'll give you five seconds to get out." 

"Oh Daichi, foolish foolish Daichi." 

"five." 

"cursed with tunnel vision."

"four."

"unable to see the bigger picture." 

"three." 

"without you, I can't reach (f/n)." 

"two." 

"And then she'll be lost forever." 

Daichi lunged at the intruder on one and yet never reached him. He was flung to the floor, pinned down with his arms held behind his back . His face pressed against the carpet. 

The man said, "you're so blind that you didn't notice my men." 

Daichi was just able to peek over his shoulder, seeing a man and woman holding him down. He returned his eyes to the stranger, galring and wishing him dead. He followed him as he kneeled beside Daichi and played with a strand of his silver hair. 

"you and I are going to make an excellent team." 

"Who are you?" 

"The name is Rea."