Harriet Bree x Female Reader

Requested by ArryanaM
Not checked for spelling
The world you once knew was crumbling before you. The Grimm broke the Walls of mantle and now attacking the citizens and the buildings. People where running around away from the Grimm into airships. Everything was breaking or burning, people where hysteric and breaking down. People cried over their lost homes and prayed to the gods that their other family members were ok. You stared as Harriet, Ruby, and Penny where trying to get the last group of people, Your group, into an airship fighting off a Megoliath and Sabyrs. Some tried to skip past them and get to the people looking at other people for safety you didn't notice a sabyr running towards you and knocking you down. You put your arms out covering your face as it bit into you left arm two times. Harriet was startled that it managed to slip past her, but was quick it run to your aid killing in before it could bite you a third time.
"Hey are you ok?" She put her hand out for you to grab and with your right you grabbed it.
"Ye-yeah thank you," She nodded and smiled pulling you up.
"There's a first aid pack in the airship, go!" Harriet yelled and you nodded running off as she stared until you got into the airship. You hoped your mother was doing ok she lived a block down from where you lived and you two where separated after people began to run and scream. Your group arrived at a safety shelter in Atlas which you began your search for your mother. You ran towards where they where giving out hot tea and water. You spotted your mother who had a cup of tea and story books telling children who gathered around her fairytales. You sat down with the group and she spotted you quickly getting up and she hugged you. She pulled away wiping her tears from her eyes.
"I was worried about you, thank goodness your ok!" She practically yelled and you smiled before she looked at your arms and noticed the bandages on your left one, "Sort of ok."
"I was worried about you, I'm fine, but what about you." You asked her and she smiled nodding making you sigh in relief.
"What happened to your arm?" She asked (let's just call your mother Melody for now you can change it if you want).
"I was jumped by a sabyr ,but you know Harriet Bree one of General Ironwood's ace operative she saved me!" You said, "Someone in the airship patched it up for me. They only bit my arm twice it's not that bad." Melody, your mother, nodded.
"Why don't you sit with the children and me and enjoy some tea?" You nodded.
"That sounds good my heart is still racing from getting attacked," You said and sat down with the children as your mother picked up another book.
Timeskip
The ace ops well except clover visited the safety center making sure everyone was at peace and ok. People thanked them and shook their hands except vine who really wasn't into shaking peoples hands. You approached Harriet as she talked to someone she saved.
"Hey! I remember you!" She looked at you smiling and you smiled in return.
"Good, because I don't think I could forget being jumped by a sabyr," You chuckled a little, "Thank you for saving me, the people here are grateful for your service. Is there anyway we can repay you?" You asked some of these people where either friends or family friends.
"Hmm," She thought, "I'd like to know your name and maybe to take you out on a date this Friday say around 7?" She asked and your face flushed.
"O-oh! I'm Y/n L/n and yes I'm free on Friday, but I've never been in Atlas before so your gonna have to show me around," You smiled winking at her and she nodded.
"Why don't we go now? There's a lot to see," Harriet asked and you thought about it until her scroll rang and she backed up a little to answer it. After she put it away she had a disappointed look on her face.
"I'm sorry the general just called me I can't really show you around right now. Maybe later?" Harriet questioned looking hopeful.
"Of course. Here give me your number so I can call you later." She nodded and pulled out a high lighter and wrote down her number on your hand.
"See you later, Y/n!" Harriet said running out of the doors.
You nodded, "Bye..." Then you turned and walked away looking up spotting your mother as she smirked at you.
"My daughter is a gay disaster," She shook her head as you blushed.
"Mom!"
Time skip
You where paranoid with your thoughts about Harriet you didn't call or text her because you'd thought you'd annoy her. But when you did she didn't mind that you took a while to text her because she was as busy as you where trying to find a job in Atlas. Every moment you spent talking you noticed different traits about her. How courageous and brave she was, how smart, how cooperative she could be.
She interested you but she also worried you too. One moment you'd text each other and when she didn't text back she made you paranoid if you said something wrong. Then she texts back that she was busy with something and sorry she didn't respond sooner.
Soon it was Friday you agreed to meet up at some point on another day because she was busy. Of course you understood I mean her job as an Ace Op must be important. It's been a couple of days since she has responded to you. I must be annoying her...I mean her job makes her work day and night sometimes. You sighed as you put your scroll down.
"Did you hear what they're saying on the news? More Grimm have invaded Mantle and the general isn't doing anything." You mother said as she walked into the room.
You looked confused, "Shouldn't he send the Ace ops or Team RWBY, Penny? FNKI?" You asked and your mother shook her head no.
"The General says they are preparing for something more evil than the Grimm." You looked shocked.
"What?! But Mantles going to burn to ashes if he doesn't do anything!" You yell and your mother nods in agreement.
"Have you tried talking to Harriet about what's going on?" Melody asked and you shook your head no.
"I'll see if she responds on my messages then ask her," You say angry at Ironwood and your mother nods then walk out of the room.
  Ping
You picked up your scroll Harriet had just texted you.
Harriet: I'm gonna be busy this week but I'm free on Saturday night Wanna go out?
                                           You: Yeah I think we need too talk about something.
Harriet: About what? Nvm just tell me at r/p (random place) around 7ish.
                                       You: Yeah see you soon!
                                                       (Read 6:37pm)

  You sighed and put your scroll down. What was General Ironwood planning?
  Time skip
  You waited inside at r/p as the clock struck 6:58 you checked your phone before you could check you messages Harriet ran right in and to your table.
   "Hey! Nice to see you again!" Harriet said as she sat down and you smiled.
   "Nice to see you too your right on time," You say as she smiles.
   "You look nice," She says as your face flushes pink.
  "Thank you, so do you," You say as you pick up the menu.
   "So what did you want to tell me," She said and you nodded.
  "Right, Is...is Ironwood gonna you know help mantle?" She looks confused.
   "Of course when he's does helping Atlas," You look away.
  "But our...my city is burning and is getting invaded by Grimm. He's not gonna do anything?" You ask and she looks offended.
   "He's doing what he can." Harriet says and you nod.
  "He's just stressed out right? I mean he's already lost so much..." You say and she looks up.
  "You understand! He's trying to help but he's stressed out and looking to last resources!" You nod.
  "So he's gonna do something about mantle too though. Right? I get he's trying to get ready for...something but after that's done with he's gonna help mantle right?" You asked nervously and Harriet shook her head yes.
   "Yep! Don't worry about it!" Harriet says smiling at you which makes you a little less worried.
  Time skip
  After the food and paying the check you both decided to take a much longer walk home. When you stopped at your apartment which you where currently living in she stopped you from entering by grabbing your hand softly.
  "Don't worry I'm sure Ironwood is gonna do the right thing!" She said and you nodded.
  "Thanks for taking me out," You smile and kiss her cheek.
   "See you soon! Or whenever your free!" You say as you rush inside leaving her to feel her cheek where you kissed it. You blushed and looked up seeing your mom.
She shook her head, "Yep, my daughter is a gay disaster."

   Hopefully you enjoyed the oneshot I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to post much more. I'm stressed out with school and with my friends hopefully you understand!