Chapter 49: Things are changing

Art by: @msm_mha
Twitter: https://twitter.com/msm_mha/status/923100805095231489

After breakfast I met up with Tsu in front of the building. We began to head down towards the school when my wrist was grabbed suddenly. I looked and saw it was a not very happy Katsuki. 

"Oi, we need to talk." He growled lowly. 

"Um, can we later? I don't want to be late to my meeting with Recovery Girl." 

"No. Now." He said pulling me away from Tsu, she went to protest but I waved her off, following Katsuki around to the side of the dorm building where he pushed me against the wall. He placed his hand against the wall next to my head then got real close to my face, his red eyes burning into mine. "Why the hell were you talking to that Damn deku?" 

"Are you actually serious?" I said getting angry. "I have a meeting with Recovery girl and you pull me aside for that? I don't have time for this." I said pushing him slightly away to walk away, however he grabbed my arm, making me stay. "Katsuki, we can talk about this later." 

"Why were you talking with him!? What were you two talking about?" 

"UGH, My quirk okay!? He was curious on how it worked!" 

"Why didn't you sit with me!?" 

"Because you were angry!" I said while yanking my hand away. "Plus I can sit with who ever I want, if you wanted to sit by me you should have came over, or I don't know, SAY something! Instead of just glare at me like a 5 year old!" 

"Who said I was angry! And I shouldn't have to tell you to come sit by me, it is our thing!" 

"WELL, maybe you should learn to not have me around 24/7, you can't ALWAYS be by me." 

"Yes I do! How else am I suppose to protect you!?" 

"I DON'T NEED YOU TO!" I screamed. "We aren't always in battle! I don't need you to hold my hand all through my life, I can take care of myself!" 

"FINE, If that's how you feel then I'm done protecting you!" He yelled back before stomping off. 

"Katsuki! You know that's not- UGH!" I groaned while throwing my arms up into the air. Tsu peaked her head around the corner, looking a bit nervous. "Sorry." I sighed walking over to her. "A stick is up his ass today, I think Iida was right. Some space is what we need right now." 

"I think that would be best, ribbit. We should head to Recovery girl now." 

"Right." I said while following her. When we arrived to Recovery Girls office she brought out a clipboard along with a few papers. I sat down on the table and watched as she sat down in her chair. 

"Y/n, how are you feeling today?" Recovery girl asked with a soft smile. 

"Well...I could be better I guess." I laughed softly. "So...do you know what's up with me? With my quirk?" 

"Well, I don't have all the answers, but I did come a conclusion on what I believe is going on. After talking with some colleagues we decided that what is going on is you are having PTSD." 

"PTSD?" I repeated, my heart sinking. 

"Along side that is brain trauma and anxiety. The visions you are getting are a mix of your head injury and your PTSD. Your anxieties fuel both of them. As for your quirk, it is mind based. After your injury it must have changed something about how your brain processes your quirk, which is why you are having difficulty controlling it. In other words your quirk is the same but the way it functions is differently. You said while fighting Ectoplasm no matter how hard you focused your shield wouldn't stay up. It may be because you no long have to focus to keep it strong, you have to do something else now."