Chapter 32: Hero

As I walked out of the motel, holding hands with Katsuki, my phone began to buzz. I looked and saw it was my dad calling me. I sighed, knowing it was going to be him checking up on me, he has the WORST timing. 

"Hold on." I said while pressing the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" 

"Y/n! Y/n where are you!?" My dad said his voice in a panic. 

"At the mall...why?" 

"Y/n...it's your mom. Please come home right away." He hung up, leaving me confused.

"What is it?" Katsuki asked, seeing my confused yet scared face. 

"I...have to go home...right now. Something happened. Can you call your mom?" I said as I began to head back towards the mall. 

"Fuck that, get on." He said while squatting. I went behind him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, then my legs around his hips. He blasted us off into the air, then began jumping from building to building. This way of traveling was frowned upon, but we were in a rush, and Katsuki traveled much faster then a car this way. We soon arrived to my house where Katsuki ran in with me, I dropped my stuff and looked around frantically. 

"Dad? DAD!?" I said as my heart raced a million miles a minute. My dad came out of the kitchen, tears running down his face as he shook with the phone still in his hand. "Dad what's wrong?" I said while walking over to him. He pulled me into his arms and squeezed me tightly, shaking violently. 

"Y/n." He quivered, placing his hand on the back of my head. "She's....she's gone." He whimpered.

"gone where?" I said pulled away, looking at him. "We'll go get her, dad where is she?" He shook his head crying more.

"Y/n." 

"DAD WHERE IS SHE!? Because that's what you mean right? She's gone somewhere?" Tears began to fill my eyes, I knew what he meant...but I didn't want to accept it. "We can go get her an-" 

"Y/n..." 

"NO!" I screamed, tears now pouring down my cheeks. "SHE'S NOT GONE! WHERE IS SHE!?" 

"She went to the store y/n! And a villain attacked the store! She..." He covered his mouth, having a difficult time talking. "she...She jumped in front of a child." He cried. "She saved a kid who was in the wrong place at the wrong time." I stared, my heart aching as I processed what my father had just said. I felt Katsuki softly pull me into his arms. 

"No..." I mumbled. "No..." I began crying more, my body shaking. "She can't be gone." I cried into Katsuki's chest, gripping his shirt softly. 

"her funeral....is in 2 days...you'll be staying with the Bakugo's while I..." He couldn't finish his sentence before bursting into tears once more, slamming his hand against the wall. "GOD DAMN IT!" I clung to Katsuki as he softly petted my head, stayingsilent. "go...pack your bags." He said softly before walking away and into his room, slamming the door. I stood shaking in Katsuki's arms, not believing what has happened. Katsuki pulled away after a moment, looking as if he was going to say something but...never did. He knew nothing he said would even get through to me, so instead he simply led me upstairs to my room, where he sat me down on my bed and began to pack my bags for me. I sat silently on my bed, tears running down my face as I silently wept. After a moment I looked over and saw him zipping up a duffel bag full off clothes, he then pulled out my suitcase and began filling that as well. 

"it's only two days." I said through my tears. 

"the training camp starts in 4. Might as well stay until then." He said softly. 

"How can I go..." I cried, putting my head in my hands. "How can I go knowing she won't see me become a hero!?" 

"SHE WILL!" Katsuki yelled, making me look at him. "You will be the best fucking hero, even if I have to force you! She wouldn't want you to give up!" I sniffled, knowing he was right, my heart ached as I pressed my knees to my chest and rocked softly. After he finished he grabbed my hand, pulling me up and taking me downstairs. Katsuki's mom was now in the living room, hugging my dad as she cried as well. When she saw me she let my dad go and came over to me. She hugged me tight, making me cry more as I hug back.