Chapter 29: Puppy

As I walked into class the next morning, there seemed to be loom and gloom over some of the students. I took my seat as Ashido began talking. 

"Everyone...I'm looking forward...to hearing your stories...about training camp...." She cried. 

"We don't know for sure! There might be a last minute twist!" Midoriya said trying to cheer them up. 

"Stop, Midoriya. If you say it out loud, it'll probably jinx it." Sero said while placing a hand on his shoulder. 

"If we failed the exams, then we'd have to skip training camp and be in summer school hell." Kaminari said lowly, his gloom getting worse. "And since we didn't pass the practical exam...If you guys still don't get it, then you're dumber than monkeys!" I watched as Kaminari poked Midoriya's eye, making me laugh at how dramatic he was being. The door suddenly slid open revealing Mr. Aizawa. 

"Once the bell rings, get in  your seats." He said in his usual tone. Everyone was silent as they sat in their seats. "Morning. Unfortunately, there are those who did not pass the final exams. Accordingly, for the training camp in the woods...everyone's going!" He said smiling. I scrunched my face up as I had never seen this man smile until now. 

"We can go, to?!" Kirishima said excited. 

"REALLY?!" Ashido followed, tears in her eyes. 

"Yeah." Aizawa's tone went back to it's usual place. "Some failed, but no one failed the written exam. In the practical, Kirishima, Kaminari, Ashido, Sato, and Sero failed. For this time's exam, we on the villain side made sure to leave a way for the students to win while watching to see how you all would take on the task at hand. If we hand't, most of you would've gotten stuck before you started." 

"So when you said you were really out to crush us..." The boy with the tail said softly. 

"That was to make you feel cornered." Aizawa finished. "In the first place, the training camp in the woods is one to increase strength. So those who failed need it the most. They have to get stronger. It was a rational falsehood." He said smiling again. He better knock that shit off, it's creeping me out. I thought. 

"However, since you lied to us twice, our faith in you will waver!" Iida said standing up with his hand raised. 

"Wow, you're being a wet blanket, Iida." Ochaco laughed. 

"That's true. I'll consider that, but I wasn't lying about everything.  Failure is Failure." Aizawa's eyes then shifted from Iida to the rest of the class. "We have prepared a separate time for extra lessons for you all." He said talking to the group who had failed. "Frankly, it'll be tougher than the extra lessons you'd get if you stayed at school." I couldn't help but laugh as the group that was once excited, went back into misery. After class everyone began talking about the week long trip, and about what they would need. 

"Oh, then since we're off tomorrow, and we just finished our exams, why doesn't class A all go shopping together?!" Toru said excitedly. I thought for a moment if I needed anything and decided it wouldn't hurt to grab a few things before going on the trip. 

"Hey, Bakugo, you're coming too!" Kirishima called to Katsuki, who was already leaving. 

"Like I'd do something so irritating." He grumbled. As I followed him I turned around and mouthed to Kirishima 'sorry'. He gave me a smile before we left the class. As we walked down the halls towards our lockers I stuck close to Katsuki's side. He waited until we got outside before holding my hand. 

"Are you really not going?" I asked while looking over at him. 

"Why would I?" 

"Well, I was hoping we would since I needed a few things before we left. Mind coming with me? We can go alone." I smiled.