Chapter 36: Hard work is Hard.

I was put with Momo and Sato for training, since all our quirks revolve around our diet. We were to eat then use our quirks, strengthening them and eating less each time so we can last longer with our quirks. Mr. Aizawa told me my end goal was to make my shield reach over the entire area, shielding as much people as possible, I was also to train and shield as many individual people as possible. Momo created dummies for me, some that stayed in one spot and some that circled around in their spots. I crouched on the ground panting as I focused and began putting shields up around them. My normal number of shields was 3, all of them being equally strong, after 3 the shields start becoming weak and frail. Mr. Aizawa deduced that this is because I can only focus on 3 people at a time. If I was blind folded, and focused on listening to who needs help, I could increase that number. I listened carefully to the dummies who called for help, and shielded them when necessary. To make sure they stayed strong, Sato used his quirk to break through my shields. Each punch he did made my stomach turn and ache. I listened as one of the shields shattered, making me lift up my blind fold and looking at which one. Dummy number 5, the weakest one. 

"Damn it." I growled as I slipped my blindfold back on. Mr. Aizawa eventually came over and informed me that Kirishima and Ojiro would be joining in, to increase damage done. I was already weak, but I knew this would make me stronger. I agreed to it and ate more food before getting back to the grind. They didn't hold back as they each took a shield and began pounding on it, making me keep my focus at max. I panted and sweated as I made the shields bigger. I slapped the ground in frustration then heard Kirishima yelp in pain. I released the shields, letting out a large exhale as I collapsed to the ground. 

"Y/n!" Momo said while jogging over, still creating items. "Are you alright?" 

"I'm fine." I said while panting, shakily getting back up. I took the blindfold off and saw Kirishima's hand was bleeding. "What happened?" I said worried. 

"Your shield, it formed spikes on it!" He said while looking at his hand. "It was actually kind of bad ass." 

"What's going on here?" Aizawa said while coming over to us. 

"Y/n's shield cut my hand, it formed spikes on it!" Kirishima said excitedly. 

"Spikes?" Aizawa looked at me, who looked just as surprised as anyone else. 

"It was just on Kirishima's too." Ojiro said while coming over. 

"Your quirk is getting stronger." Aizawa nodded. "Evolving. Do it again, Kirishima, go to the nurse. You two keep going at her shields. Make her evolve her shields." 

"Yes sir!" We all said as he walked away. Kirishima left to the nurse and Momo went back to her training. 

"Alright." I said while wiping the sweat off my forehead. "Lets go again." We continued at it, the spikes never appearing after that incident. Even after Kirishima returned, I couldn't figure out how I put spikes on the shield, a shape like that is harder for me to make. When training time was over we were all called over to a cooking area where lots of ingredients were out for us to use. 

"Now remember what we said yesterday? Yesterday was the only day we would cook for you!" Pixie-bob said as she presented the food. 

"At least make your own food!" The new cat girl said. 

"Yes sir." We all said completely exhausted. The new girl laughed while pointing at us. 

"You all look exhausted! But that doesn't mean you can make any old sloppy cat food!" She continued laughing. I let out a groan and followed everyone as we began making food. Todoroki was kind enough to start a fire for us, when Katsuki tried to he ended up just blowing the logs up. When we finished making the food it turned out to be...not all that great. However in times like this I found myself not really carrying about the taste. Lifting a spoon felt impossible, my arms felt so weak and my whole body felt drained. I got frustrated after a moment and gave up.