Chapter 44: What's Happening!?

Art by: https://fris-sucks.tumblr.com

"Y/n! Y/N!" My body shook violently, and my breath came out in heavy bursts. Tears poured from my eyes and my mind ran wild. When I came to I found myself in a fetal position, with my shield around me. Mr. Aizawa, All Might, Ectoplasm, Midnight, Cementoss, and even Katsuki all surrounded me, trying to break through to get to me. Something new was happening to me...bits of my shield started to grow on my skin, it was out of my control. I looked at everyone, their mouths moving but nothing coming out, no sound. Except for Katsuki's, who seemed to echo. "Y/n! Lower your shield now you bastard!" He looked worried, but his words didn't register in my mind. 

'Failure.'

That's what he's saying...right?

'Useless.'

That's what they're all saying.  That's what she thinks of me now...a failure...it's my fault. It's my fault she's gone. It's my fault he got hurt, kidnapped, it's all my fault. 

"I SAID." Katsuki's voice cut through my thoughts, making me look at him. "LET ME IN!" He blasted through my shield, my body staying in place as I watched pieces of it scatter around me. He huffed angrily, stomping over to me and grabbing me my the collar of my shirt, and pulling me close to his face. "When I say let me in, you fucking let me in. UNDERSTAND? What the hell are you doing, EH!? Shriveling here on the floor, by yourself!? WHEN I'M RIGHT HERE?" I stayed silent, his anger came from a place of worry. I could see it in his eyes. 

"Bakugo, be gentle with her, she's in a panic attack state, her quirk is unsta-" 

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!" Katsuki cut off Aizawa. 

"Young man, that isn't how you talk to your teacher!" Cementoss began, but Aizawa stopped him. 

"Now you listen to me Y/n, whatever the fuck you're going through, you will fucking get through it. You will get through it because you're like me! NOTHING BEATS YOU, YOU BEAT IT! I will fucking blast through whatever is making you like this if I have to. GOT IT!?" He huffed slightly, waiting for my answer. I shakily grabbed his forearm and stood up, nodding. My chest hurting, and my legs shaking. 

"y-yes..." I said softly. Katsuki released my shirt and grabbed my hand. 

"Now I have to take you to the fucking nurse! So keep up!" 

"Bakugo." Aizawa said stopping us. Katsuki looked over his shoulder, allowing Aizawa to nod in approval before continuing to take me to the nurse. I stumbled slightly behind him as he kept a grip on my hand. 

"Katsuki..." I said softly, my head feeling light. The lights in the halls seemed to be brighter then usual. I ended up falling to my knee's half way down the street towards the school, instead of stopping for a moment, and letting me catch my breath, Katsuki whipped around and picked me up bridal style. 

"Come on, no stopping now you bastard." He sprinted into a jog, holding me close as he jogged towards the school. I wrapped my arms around his neck and nuzzled my face into his neck, small tears rolling down as guilt washed over me. Not only could I not keep up with him, he was not carrying my useless ass to the nurses, because what? I was too weak to keep my shit together?  "Oi, you better not be crying on me!" 

"Sorry..." I sniffled, wiping my face with my sleeve as Katsuki picked up his pace. Once we arrived at the nurses office, Recovery girl began to look me over. Katsuki paced around the room, he seemed stressed out, and nervous. After checking me through various tests, Recovery girl sat down in her chair and rolled up next to me. 

"I want you to take me through the events from earlier if that is okay. Tell me every detail you can." Katsuki now looked at me, also wanting to know. "Do you want him to leave? Would that make you more comfortable?"