Chapter 18: Hero Names

After the firework show was over we packed up and started to leave. Jiro and Kaminari got picked up by Kaminari's mom, leaving just Katsuki and I alone. While we waited for the train to arrive, I texted my mom letting her know what was going on. 

Me: Hey, I'm coming back, does dad know I'm gone?

My heart raced as I waited for her answer. I squeezed my bag of stuff softly, making Katsuki look at me from the corner of his eye. 

Mom: ;-; Yes. But it's okay for you to come through the front door. I talked with him and we agreed on something that I think will make everyone happy.

Me: oh no. That can't be good...

My heart sank and I let out a soft whimper. Katsuki peered over at my phone and let out a frustrated sigh. 

"You can stay at my house if it's too much." I heard him mumble. I blushed red and hid my face behind the bag. 

"No it's fine...better to get through it now then later." 

"Whatever. Options there." We went silent again, the train now pulling up and allowing us to board on. The ride back home was probably the longest ride of my life, knowing as soon as I walked through the door my whole world would shift to whatever my dad wanted. Katsuki stayed close to me, his arm laying on the back of the seat. 

"Maybe I should just run away." I mumbled after the ride became uncomfortably quiet.

"And where would you go." He sighed, scrolling through his phone. 

"I could get a job and live in an apartment. I'm at that age right?" 

"Right, and you could flunk all your classes, get kicked out of the UA, and completely ruin your life." 

"...fine I see your point." I pouted. "OH, how about I live in a tent? No expenses, I can go as I please-" 

"You'd die in the first hour without a shower." He said mono-toned. I sighed and gave up, accepting that I was going to live the next few years under my fathers thumb. When the train arrived at our stop we got off and began walking towards my house. My heart pounded hard in my chest as I walked, and it seemed like Katsuki noticed how nervous I had become. "Why are you so worried? Since when do you give a shit what he has to even say?" 

"Well considering the asshole locked me in my own room, I'm a little nervous on what else he's willing to do to make me conform to his ways!" I said while squeezing the bag. "my mom said she made a deal with him but I don't know what that could even mean, if it gets better or worse from here. I'm more scared of the unknown then anything..." 

"y/n if you're going to be a hero you have to face the unknown head on, You don't know what you'll be up against, so how is this any different?" He stopped and faced me, making me now look at him. 

"He's my dad! This isn't a Villain Katsuki I can't just fight him!" 

"Why not!?" 

"why no-...ALRIGHT IF YOU FIGHT YOUR MOM I'LL FIGHT MY DAD!" 

"SHE'LL MURDER ME, ARE YOU CRAZY!?" 

"NO, YOU ARE YOU FUCKING LUNATIC! I'm not fighting my dad!" I said while rolling my eyes. "I'm going to go home, get yelled at, and probably be grounded until I can move out." I continued walking and he followed after me. "But you are right...if I am going to be a hero I can't be afraid of the unknown...I'm going to go in to that house and I'm going to deal with what ever is in there." 

"And if you need back up to take care of the bodies I'll be there." 

"Dude you need a mental check!" I laughed. As usual in his weird ways he made me feel better, I felt more prepared to deal with whatever my dad had to dish out. When I got home, we said our good nights, then went our separate ways. Walking up to the door felt longer then usual, and that's okay, it gave me time to think. I took a deep breath, then opened the door. As I walked in I saw my mom peer around the corner, a smile on her face. I gave a small smile and walked in.