Chapter 10: Mock Battle

"Now! It's time for combat training!" All might announced, gathering our attention. 

"Sir!" Lida said raising his hand. "This battle center from the entrance exam, so will we be conducting urban battles again?" 

"No, we're going to move ahead two steps!" All might said holding up two fingers. "Most of the time, fighting villains takes place outside, but if you look at the total numbers, atrocious villains appear indoors at a higher rate. Imprisonment, house arrest, backroom deals...in this society filled with heroes, truly intelligent villains hide in the shadows! For this class, you'll be split into villains and heroes and fight 2 on 2 indoor battles."

"Without basic training?" The frog like girl asked. 

"and there's an odd number of us, how would we split into two's?" I chipped in with my hand on my hip. 

"This is a real battle to understand those Basics! And like real life, the odds are never fair, there will be one group who will have 3 villains instead of 2." He said answering both of our questions. "However, the key this time is that there's no robot you can just beat up." 

"How will wins and losses be determined?" Momo asked. 

"Can we beat them up anyway?" Katsuki growled. 

"Katsuki!" I glared. 

"Will the punishment be expulsion like with Mr. Aizawa?" 

"Will we have to be cautious of getting injured during this drill?" I asked worried about hurting myself so early in the year. 

"How shall we split up?" Lida spoke up again raising his hand.

"Isn't this cape crazy??" Some weird kid spoke up from the back. All might seemed to get frustrated from all of our questions at once. 

"I'll answer all your questions! Now listen here! The situation is that the villains have a hidden a nuclear weapon somewhere in their hideout. The heroes are trying to dispose of that. The heroes need to catch the villains or get the nuclear weapon back in the allotted time. The villains need to protect the nuclear weapon for the whole time or catch the heroes. Teams and opponents will be determined by drawing lots!" All might said lifting up a box with the word "Lots" written on it. 

"They're being decided to haphazardly?" Lida said confused. 

"Pros often have to create makeshift teams with heroes from other agencies, so maybe that's why?" Midoriya suggested. I nodded to his answer.

"Pros also often arrive to crime scenes in a way of assisting. You never know which specific hero you could receive in a time of disaster." I chipped in.  

"I see. The discernment to look ahead...Please excuse my rudeness!" Lida said bowing. 

"It's fine, Let's do this quickly!" 

We began to pick out our teams from the box one by one. I ended up being on Team G with Denki and Jiro. After we were assigned all of our teams, All might then drew for who would be a Hero and a villain for the first round. He lifted the balls up and revealed...it was Katsuki and Lida against Ochaco and Midoriya. 

"Everyone else, head towards the monitor room." All might said, allowing everyone to disperse. I looked over at Katsuki and saw he was glaring at Midoriya. At first Midoriya looked away, obviously scared, but after a moment he glared back at Katsuki. I was surely surprised that he even had the guts to think about doing that. 

"Come on Katsuki." I mumbled as I walked forward. Katsuki followed, growling lowly to himself. Katsuki split off from me as I went into the monitor room to watch. I was really nervous and didn't feel so good about this battle. The last person Katsuki should be in a room with is Midoriya, and I'm saying that for Midoriya's sake. I don't understand what it is about Midoriya that pisses Katsuki off so much...but I knew if he got the chance to crush him...he would. Once all might returned he waited a few minutes before announcing that the heroes will enter the building.