Chapter 34: Training Camp Begins!

The day of the trip was like no other in the past week. I was excited, despite everything that has happened. Currently I ran hastily around the house, packing any last minute things I needed. Katsuki waited downstairs, tapping his foot impatiently. 

"Oi! We're gonna be late!" I heard him yell. I quickly ran down the stairs, a plastic bag full of stuff, and started to slip on my shoes. 

"Sorry..." I mumbled. As I put my shoes on, he dug through the bag, clicking his tongue before taking out a picture of my mom and pepper spray. He tossed the rest of the bag to the side. 

"You don't need the rest of that stuff." He said while handing me the two items he pulled out. 

"Are you two ready?" My dad said while coming out of the kitchen, a cup of coffee in his hand. 

"Yes!" I smiled. 

"Excellent, one picture then." 

"Dad." I groaned. 

"Hey." He said with a soft voice. "For your mom." I pursed my lips then sighed. 

"ONE." I said while taking Katsuki's hand and smiling softly. My dad raised the camera and snapped a quick picture before smiling softly. 

"She would be proud." He gave me a hug, squeezing me softly before wiping the tears from his eyes. "I'M proud of you. Now go have fun, get strong." 

"I'll have Mr. Aizawa keep you updated." I said as we opened the door. "Love you!" 

"Love you too hugabug!" I heard him say as I closed the door and hopped into Mrs. Bakugo's car. 

"You two all set?" She said as she started up the car.

"Yep! sorry for the wait, I panicked a bit." I said with a soft sigh. 

"It's all good, better to over pack then to under. Your bags are in the back along with Katsuki's." As she drove away, I looked back at my house, watching as it got smaller and smaller. When I couldn't see it anymore I turned back and saw Katsuki looking at me. 

"I'm fine." I whispered, taking his hand in mine. He squeezed my hand softly, turning and looking out his window silently. Usually his mom would have teased us in some way, but I could tell after the stress we've all been through, a nice quiet ride is what we needed more then anything. 

When we arrived to the school I could see students chatting among themselves, still waiting on others to get here. Mr. Aizawa stood by a bus, helping students load in their baggage. When we pulled up I could see Jiro waving to me. We jumped out and pulled our bags out from the back. 

"Have a great trip you two!" Katsuki's mom said while squeezing the both of us. 

"OI WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT HUGGING ME! LET GO!" Katsuki said while trying to pull away. I giggled and hugged his mom back. 

"I'll keep an eye on him." I smiled. 

"Thank you." She laughed. She let us go and ruffled Katsuki's hair before getting into her car and driving off. Jiro came over to me, giving me a fist bump, then a quick hug. 

"You okay?" She asked softly. 

"yea, I'm okay." I smiled. Jiro noticed the picture I was holding, and looked at me. "You can look at it." I said knowing she wanted to. She took it into her hands and looked at it, sadness quickly over taking her. 

"She's...so young." She spoke quietly. "You look a lot like her." 

"Thanks." I laughed softly. "I'll look that young when I'm her age, not many can say they're grateful for that." Jiro handed me back my picture and lead me over to where Kaminari, Kirishima, and Katsuki now were.