120 - Around

I took a shaky breath as I stared at the pale pink gown hanging next to my mirror. Did I want to  go? No, definitely not. But did I have a choice? Still, no. One would think that once you reach, college, you can finally escape the amount of dances your school holds each year. Yes, that is true as the school wants their students to focus on their majors however, the organizations you join say otherwise.

Why don't I want to go? For starters, I hate social gatherings and excessive social interactions. I hate having to put on a fake, friendly smile and interact with people who only befriend me since they need someone to finish their write ups for them.

Not to mention the fact that I was supposed to go with one of the guys from my class however, he just hit me up last minute saying he's going with someone else. Then again, what do you expect from the guy that has dozens of girls falling at his feet? I was just stupid enough to think that his invitation was actually genuine. Turns out, he was asking me to get to one of my so-called friends.

"So are you gonna change into your dress or are you just going to continue staring at it?" Y/bff/n asked as she curled her hair into loose waves that fell on her shoulders.

"Should I really go? I mean, my bed looks so tempting to lay on at the moment." I muttered, fiddling with the hem of the white, silk robe she forced me to wear as I waited for her to do my hair.

"If you're fussing about what Marcus did then stop overthinking. He's a douche. He wasn't worth your time anyway."

"It's not that, it's just..."

She sighed as I trailed off. With one last curl, she unplugged the curling iron and walked over to me. She sat down on the bed beside me and wrapped an arm loosely around me before resting her chin on my shoulder.

"That dress is absolutely stunning." She said, a small smile forming on her lips.

"Shawn decided it would be nice to buy my dress for me despite me telling him not to when I told him about the Christmas party slash acquaintance ball. He immediately made mom get my measurements and send it to him so that he could have a professional fashion designer make it for me. He kind of went over the top when I told him that the theme was pastel and fairy tales." I said, laughing as I remembered his excitement. "It was as if he was forcing me to go."

"Well, I guess that's already enough reason for you to attend tonight. Wouldn't want that dress to go to waste now, would you?"

"I just wish he were here, you know? I miss having my best friend around."

"You should've asked him to go with you."

"He actually offered to take me when I told him about the whole Marcus fiasco however, I didn't  want to disrupt his schedule so I turned it down."

"Y/n..."

"He skipped prom midway when he found out I was staying home instead of attending. I don't want him to drop everything he was doing just to go with me to this one."

"Come on." She said, standing up and offering a hand out to me, her own way  of trying to change the topic. "Let me do your hair so I could finish with getting ready."

I hesitantly took her hand and stood up from the comfortable mattress. I sat down on the chair in front of the vanity, wincing as she plugged the curling iron back in. I watched myself through the mirror as she brushed through my hair before curling it into waves. Once she was done, she started doing a waterfall braid and made an intricate, rose-like knot at the back. 

"There. Absolutely perfect." She said, smiling at her handiwork. "I'm just going to change into my gown. In the meantime, you can do your makeup."

I merely nodded and went to work almost immediately. I put on my base first, primer, foundation, concealer, contour, brows, and setting powder. I then proceeded to work on my eyes and did a warm pink look with a rose gold glitter cut-crease, black winged eyeliner, and a pair of false lashes. I then did a light, coral pink blush, highlighter, and light brick red lipstick topped with a clear gloss.