41 - Superior

I hate fighting with the people I love. I hate arguing with them over little things that most times don't even make sense. I hate fighting with them to the extent of saying things we don't mean and hating them for it. But it seems that fighting is all we do nowadays.

He's been out most days then come back late at night. If I asked him about it, he would yell at me and call me clingy. When he's not out with his friends, he's either at the studio, recording or touring the world, different country every night and not seeing each other for months. To say it hurts would be an understatement.

I huffed as I pulled over at the garage and turned the ignition off. I ran a hand through my hair as I looked at the clock. 1:35 AM. I bet he's not even home yet. I got out of the car and went into the house to see someone sitting on the couch.

"Where have you been?" He asked, his voice as cold as ice.

"Out." I muttered, placing my car keys on the table as I take my shoes off and place them on the rack beside the door.

"Out?! I've been worried and sick waiting for you all night! It's one in the fucking morning for fuck's sake!"

"Look how the tables turned."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"I've been waiting for you each and every night only for you to come home late as hell! Tonight is the one time I actually went out of the house in a really long time since I'm always the one waiting for you to come home! And seriously, when did you even care?"

"I've always cared!"

"Then why don't you show it, huh?!"

I didn't want to fight with him but the emotions I've been bottling up are spilling out. It's either I let it all out or explode from keeping it all in. I choose the latter. I wiped the tears I didn't notice streaming down my face until I felt one roll down to my neck.

"Oh, I'm sorry I've been spending time with my friends since all I've been doing is working in order to provide for myself as well as your lazy ass!" He yelled at me.

"My lazy ass?! May I remind you that you were the one who told me not to work since you "got this"?! That you won't even let me apply for the job I've wanted to have ever since I was a kid because you wanted to be the one to provide for both of us?!"

He just remained silent as he clenched his jaw and his fists.

"Should I bow down to you for that?! Should I look up to you since you are, after all, a famous fucking asshole?! Oh, I'm sorry! I'm so fucking sorry that your superior ass cannot understand a useless mundane such as I since all you care about is yourself! We're done!"

"You... You don't mean that." He finally spoke up, his face turning pale at my words.

"Yes, Shawn. I do."

I ran up to the stairs only for him to pull me back and wrap his arms around my waist. I'm trying so hard not to give into him but it's too difficult. But I have to be strong. I shouldn't let him get to me.

"Y/n, please don't leave me." He sobbed into my back.

"I'm tired. I'm tired of always fighting with you! Please! Just let me go!" I said, pulling away from his hold.

I finally got out of it and ran to the bedroom, slamming and locking the door behind me as I jumped onto the bed, crying into a pillow. I could hear his pleading voice outside the door but I yelled at him to go away and leave me alone. After a while, it stopped. He probably left. I continued to cry until I fell asleep.

I woke up with mascara stains on my pillow and a cold bed. His side was made up and I could feel a sense of panic until the realization of what happened last night came crashing down. Did that really happen? Fuck! I got off the bed and made my way to the bathroom. Looking at myself in the mirror, all I can say is that I'm a mess.

Mascara and eyeliner stains running down my cheeks, my lipstick and eye shadow smudged up around my lips and eyes, my hair sticking out in every possible directions, and the clothes from last night crumpled up against my skin. I took my clothes off and took a shower to wash everything off. Once I was done, I dried myself off and changed into an over-sized black sweater with a small white heart on it and a pair of black leggings.

I got my bags and started packing my things. As I placed my shirts and undergarments in, my stomach rumbled in hunger. I made my way to the door and opened it just for someone to fall back. I jumped in shock but he sat up right away and looked at me. I walked past him and sat against the wall across from him. He's a mess as well. His eyes were red and puffy, his hair is also messed up, and his nose was as almost as red as the apple Snow White was stupid enough to eat.

"I'm leaving after I finish packing my things." I muttered.

"Y/n, please don't go. I'm sorry." He said, looking down at his hands. "I'm sorry for not being around. I'm sorry for yelling and calling you all of those things. I know I fucked up. I really did. But y/n... I love you and the thought of being without you is unbearable. I don't want to be without you. I can't be without you. All I'm asking is for one more chance."

I refused to look him in the eyes as I fiddled with my hands. I don't want to show him that he has complete control over me.

"Y/n... Please say something."

"My brother died yesterday. He got into a car accident. A drunk driver hit his car at an intersection even though the traffic light in the driver's direction was red. I drove to the hospital as soon as I found out. They did several operations on him but he didn't make it. I was beside him when he took his last breath. I had to settle everything last night, from the hospital bill to the things with his insurance company which is exactly why I came home late. I didn't want to tell you what happened because I didn't want you to worry." I said, holding in the tears that threatened to escape.

He moved over to my side and pulled me to him. That was when I lost it. I cried into his chest as he held me close to him. His hand moved up and down my back to calm me down as he placed kisses on top of my head. My hands held a portion of his shirt in a tight grip as I sobbed onto it.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered. "I'm so, so, so sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you last night. Fuck, I shouldn't have even left you alone. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry."

 "You didn't kill my brother. You shouldn't be apologizing for someone else's mistake." I muttered.

"But I'm the reason we've been fighting for the past days. I fucked things up between us. I should've spend more time with you. I should've stopped being a pain in the ass."

"Shawn, stop. Stop blaming yourself. I was a bitch to you too, remember? If I could take back everything I said to you for the past few days, I would."

"Can we please forget what happened last night and start over?"

I looked up and looked into his now glassy eyes. He wiped the tears on my cheeks and leaned down. I met him halfway and kissed him. The emotions we've been holding back for the past days were now shown with just one kiss. We pulled away and I just nodded as a form of answering his question.

"I love you so fucking bad." He whispered against my lips. (I did this intentionally so please don't comment the lyrics xD)

"I love you too."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

A/N: I haven't updated in a long time. Damn. I'm so sorry for that. I shouldn't even be writing right now since I have my last 2 finals tomorrow and have to review but meh. I had to get this plot out of my head so... hehehe I'm working on two other imagines, a sad BSM and somehow realistic one. Anyways, hope you like it.

Vote/suggest/share

♪☁ A ☁♪ going offline