117 - 'Til Death Do Us Part (part 2)

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I woke up at God knows what time. I let out a yawn and stretched on his make shift bed, which just happens to be a large coffin with enough foam and fabric to make it feel comfortable. I slowly sat up before eventually standing and walking over to him as he sat on the same stone bench from the last time I was awake.

"Hey babe." I whispered, wrapping my arms around his neck from behind.

"Hey love. How was your sleep?" He asked, turning his torso enough to face me and placed his arm on the back of my legs to make me sit on his lap.

I hummed in contentment as I nuzzled my head onto the crook of his neck. He absentmindedly ran his fingers through my hair, undoing the tangles it got from lying down. I wrapped my arms around his torso as he placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Good. However, I did miss sleeping beside you just like we did whenever you were able to sneak into my room."

"I'm sorry, love. I'm forever incapable of sleeping and even breathing. The most I could do is lay down beside you."

"I know, Shawn. And I absolutely appreciate the fact that you still do that even after your untimely death."

"Of course I would. I love you, after all."

"And I love you too."

I sat up straight and pressed my lips on his. The hand that was brushing my hair was soon placed behind my head as he deepened the kiss. Again, I did not mind the fact that he was cold, much more the fact that he was literally buried four months ago and he's literally dead right now. Once we pulled away, he placed one more kiss on the tip of my nose, making me giggle and crinkle my nose.

"God, how I've missed you." He whispered, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"I missed you too, so fucking much to the point that it physically hurt." I replied, taking his other hand in mine.

"I think I know someone else who misses you."

"Oh really now?"

He just smiled in reply. I stood up from his lap, hand still in mine. He followed after me before leading me down the stairs. I watched as skeletons and other corpses that have not fully decayed yet pass us by, a few greeting Shawn on the way. Shawn could sense how tense I was and wrapped his arm around my waist protectively. We stopped when we saw two people that seemed to have not yet fully decomposed to only see bone but enough to  barely recognize them at first sight talking among themselves.

"Good day to you guys." Shawn greeted, making them turn to us.

"Good day to you too, Shawn. How are you?" One asked in a familiar voice of a male.

"I'm doing just fine. However, I wanted to introduce you to someone very special to me. This is my wife, y/n."

I stepped forward and gave a nervous smile as the two's jaws literally almost dropped to the floor. One of them that seemed relatively female compared to the other walked forward and placed a hand on my cheek, making me hold my breath.

"Y/n, is that really you?" Her voice was familiar yet seeing her eyes were enough confirmation to her identity.

"Mom?" I asked shakily, my eyes slowly clouding with tears for like the hundredth time in the last twenty-four hours.

She wrapped her bony arms around my shoulders as I hugged her back. I then felt another body join in and turned enough to see my dad, opening my other arm for him to join us. I let a tear escape as we slowly pulled away from the group hug. Shawn then wrapped his arm around my waist as I wiped my cheek.