52 - Safe Inside (BSM)

The music was blaring loud, making the ground beneath my feet shake with the rhythm of the song. Why I even agreed to go, I have no idea. I guess I needed a change from being the shy girl who always stays in her room every Friday night and my friends may have gotten tired of the whole "I'd rather stay at home and read a book" thing I had going on.

I pushed my way through a crowd of sexually aroused teenagers grinding against each other. Finding a better place to stay in this house may be harder than I thought. I mean, people are practically having sex– some are already doing it and some are just about to do it, some are openly making out and humping each other, and there are a lot of drunk guys either passed out somewhere or vomiting in the nearest place they could reach.

The smell of alcohol, sweat, vomit, and marijuana mixed together is disgusting. If only I could find my friends and go. I let out a deep breath as I reached the kitchen. Another thing to why I'm regretting going here, I'm claustrophobic. Being in crowds like this makes it hard for me to breathe and relax. What am I gonna do with my life?

"Y/n!" y/bff/n yelled when she saw me.

"Uh... hey y/bff/n." I said, leaning against one of the counters, trying to breathe. "Can we leave now by any chance?"

"Nope. You haven't even drank a single cup of alcohol! Stop being so uptight and have fun!"

She shoved a red cup in my hand and I just stared at it. What the hell is this? I watched as the red liquid fizzed a little as she rolled her eyes at me.

"It's cranberry vodka. I know how much you hate beer." She stated.

"You know I don't drink unless Shawn's around. He's too protective of me." I said, shoving the cup back in her hand only for her to push it back towards me.

"Drink."

I rolled my eyes and took a sip on the sweet yet slightly bitter liquid. The burn in my throat felt slightly addictive but I knew that it was wrong. I'm only 16! I'm not even old enough to drink! At least, not in public. Around my family, it's okay but people from school? Hell no. I crinkled my nose and tried to give my cup back to y/bff/n but she only gave me a blank look.

"It tastes like medicine." I said, cringing at the thought of those syrup kind of medicine that you're forced to take when you have a cold.

"Stop lying. I know you've drank this before."

I just sighed and drank the entire cup. Once it was empty, I threw it at her and rolled my eyes. I was about to leave when my other friends pulled me over to them as they formed a large group. I was awkwardly standing among them as they danced to yet another over-played song– Despacito. I just rolled my eyes and danced along with them since I didn't want to stand out.

Hours passed and a couple more drinks in, my mind felt slightly buzzed considering that I have never drank more than one bottle of alco-mix in my entire life. I know that if I stay here any longer, I will definitely get an ear-full from my brother. Disadvantage of living with your brother while you go to a school far away from your parents and sister. I walked through the crowd once again and made my way out of the front door but was stopped when I felt a hand wrap around my wrist.

I turned around to see no other that Hayes Grier. I only know him because of my brother but I've never really talked to him before. I admit, I may or may not be attracted to him, thus the reason why I try to stay away from him but I guess fate isn't on my side right now.

"Where are you going?" He asked, smiling softly at me.

"Uh... Hi Hayes. I... um... I was just about to head home. You know how Shawn is." I said, stuttering slightly although I tried to act cool.