Graduation

Natalie's POV

I couldn't believe it. Today was graduation day. Everything I've ever worked hard for was for this day. I just couldn't wait to get a taste of not having to worry about exams, homework, grades, alarms, work. II was finally going to be able to relax and enjoy my life.

I walked in the bathroom, had a shower, got dressed in ( http://heydoyou.zippykidcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Screen-Shot-2012-07-02-at-11.57.55-PM.png ), brushed my teeth, straightened my hair and put on my usual make-up.

I walked out of my room the same time Sydney walked out of her's. We meet up in hallway, gave each other a huge hug, grabbed each other's hand and walked downstairs.

Mum and dad were sitting on the couch in the lounge waiting for us. Once they saw us they smiled and stood up. They walked over to us and engulfed us in a huge hug and kissed us on the head.

______________________________________________

We got to the school and one of the volunteers showed mum and dad where they were suppoed to go while Sydney and I went and got ready.

We walked into the school and went into the gym where it was chaotic. Mrs Bryan came and greeted us and handed us our things and we went off into the changing rooms.

The graduation outfit looked pretty good ( http://www.thelincolnhighschool.com/images/cap-gown-tassel.png ).

We walked out of the change rooms and back into the gym where we found Jai and Luke. I gave Jai and kiss on the lips before we had to go into our lines for the ceremony.

____________________________________________

"Our next graduate with one of the top ten marks in english in the whole of Australia and valedictorian is Natalie Davis!" Mrs Bryan announced. I walked onto the stage, grabbed my diploma, shook hands with her and sat down on one of the chairs behind as I have to make a speech once everyone has their diplomas.

In the middle of the crowd I saw mum, dad, Gina, Beau, Alli, James, Sarah, Daniel and Jasmine.

"I would now like to present our 2012 valedictorian Natalie Davis." Mrs Bryan announced and sat down as I stood up. Everyone cheered like crazy and I laughed.

"Hi everyone. As you've heard, my name is Natalie Davis. I only began here at Penola in the middle of August this year. But there few months have taught me so much. Now I'm not just talking about how to work out polynomials or writing poetry. I'm talking about life. Have you ever had in your life when you realised just how strong you really are? When you finally see the positive side to things? I have. Just recently actually. I've learnt how to trust, hope, work hard, believe, love, smile and cope. But most importantly, I've learnt how to be Natalie. That's something worth all these years of exams, studying, waking up early, homework, school work, and basically being bored to death. But look at me now. Look at all of us now. We're here. We're happy. We're proud. We're ourselves. And that's what I've learnt. And that's why I'm standing here. Thank you." I finished smiling.

Everyone went everyone crazier than before and I laughed before walking backstage. Jai grabbed my arm and pulled me into him as he held me tight. I looked up and saw he had tears in his eyes.

"You were amazing." He whispered.

"Thank you." I whispered back. He leaned forward for a romantic kiss and I could feel him smiling through it.

_________________________________________

Jai, Luke, Sydney and I were walking around the yard trying to find everyone.

"They're over there!" Sydney shouted over thre crowd and pointed towards them all. We followed her over to them where they congratulated us.

"Natalie sweety, your speech was amazing." Gina smiled as she engulfed me in a huge hug.