Mini black party dress

Sydney's POV

This is what I love the most. Having fun. Not thinking, not caring. Just being us. Natalie and I have been through so much. We've gone from strangers, to friends, to best friends, to enemies, to friends, to best friends, to sisters.

"Oh. My. God. Look at that dress." Natalie gasped when she spotted a cute as mini black party dress.

She was star struck. I grabbed the dress and studied it carefully. It was gorgeous. I looked at Natalie and handed her the dress.

"It's so cute! You have to try it on." I smiled.

"No way. It would suit you so much better. And you look like you don't want to let it go." Natalie laughed.

"Come on, it's not like i'm gonna force you to buy it. Yet." I laughed and pushed her towards the changing rooms.

****************

Jai's POV

Oh my god. Beau is the worst person to go shopping with.

"Beau hurry up and pick something. She'll like anything." I groaned handing him random pieces of jewellery.

He shook his head and patted my shoulder, "you're talking to the master of girls, young grasshopper." He whispered trying to not to laugh.

"And the master of girls just so happens to be dating the bitchiest girl in the milky way galaxy." I pointed out as I patted him on the shoulder and walked past him towards the entrance of the store.

As I was leaning against the door I spotted 2 girls in the store across. One of them had just walked out of the dressing room and was wearing a very attractive mini black party dress.

Oh. My. God. She looked.... Wow.

"Beau I'll be back." I shouted not looking at him.

"Where are yo- Oh." Beau laughed as he noticed where I was headed.

I walked into the store having no clue what I was doing. It was like my legs had minds of their own.

What the fuck am I doing?

************

Natalie's POV

I walked out of the dressing room towards Sydney whose mouth was open in an O shape.

"Is it that bad?" I asked her quietly.

"Bad? Natalie that looks so cute! You need to buy that dress now or I swear to god I will scream." Sydney shouted.

I ran over to her and covered her mouth before she started screaming, knowing that she wasn't kidding.

"I don't know. I mean, I love it, but..." I began.

"But what?! It's an awesome price, you look super cute in it, and, most importantly, you're single." She winked.

"Thanks Sydney. I feel much better about myself now." I replied sarcastically before laughing.

"You know what I mean." She laughed.

"Look. I want the dress, but where I am gonna where it to? It's definetly not a casual dress and there's no way I'm going to let it sit around in my closet for the next few years." I pointed out.

"I might have an idea." I heard someone say. I turned around and saw the most gorgeous guy I had ever seen.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Sorry. I should introduce myself. I'm Jai." He explained as he held out his hand.

"Natalie." I replied shaking his hand. "And this is my best friend Sydney." I gestured towards her.

Sydney stood there in shock. What the hell is wrong with her? It was as if she'd just seen Luke Brooks or- Wait.

"Hold on. Jai? As in... Jai? Like... Jai Brooks?" I asked suddenly feeling a bit dizzy.

"Um, yeah. I'm guessing you're a fan?" He asked smiling. My god his smile.

"Uh, yeah, pretty much." I laughed. What do I do? Fangirl? Smile and wave? Walk away? Attack him?

"Oi Jai! Hurry up! I need he-" A guy shouted coming up behind him. Beau Brooks.

"Right. Um. Hi. I'm Beau." He smiled.

"Natalie." I repeated as I nodded my head.

"Cool, nice to meet you. Jai? Can you stop trying to pick up girls way out of your league and help me pick out a stupid necklace for Lexi?" Beau nagged.

"Oh my god Beau, piss off." Jai whispered pushing him away.

"Aww. Does Jai have a thing for Natalie? Aww that's cute." Beau laughed as he teased Jai.

They began walking out of the store when Jai shot me an 'I'm sorrry' smile. I laughed and walked towards Sydney.

"Sydney? Are you ok? You look like you're about to faint." I whispered holding her up.

"Natalie. Do you have any fucking idea what the fuck just fucking happened?!" Sydney exclaimed.

"No not really." I smiled.

We stood there for a while in shock. Eventually I walked back into the dressing room and got changed out of the dress. When I walked out with the dress in my hand I decided to buy it. If Jai Brooks, the Jai Brooks, spotted me in that dress, I had only one option. I had to buy the dress.

Sydney and I went to a few other stores still dazed after what had happened before realizing we needed to get home before we fainted.

As we were walking through the car park, I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Jai. Oh dear lord. Is he trying to get me sent to a hospital or something?

"Hey Natalie! Listen, sorry about Beau. He can be really annoying at times. But I was wondering... If.. Maybe.... You would want to... Go to a party with me? It's tonight. You can bring Sydney as well." He stuttered, giving me a nervous smile.

"Sure. Umm, give me a call." I smiled grabbing a pen out of my bag and writing my number on his hand.

"Thanks. I'll see you tonight then?" He asked smiling more confidently.

"Yep." I replied smiling back.

"Alright cool. See ya then Nat." He winked before walking off to Beau's car, who was cheering for Jai.

Sydney and I started laughing before turning around and fangirling about the party on our way home.

A party. With Jai. Jai Brooks. Jai freakin' Brooks. I couldn't wait.