Warning

Natalie's POV

"Natalie. Shh. It's ok. He'll be fine." Jai whispered into my ear holding me tight as i sobbed into his chest.

"Jai. You saw it yourself. It was no accident. I really think they're back for me." I insisted.

"Natalie how would they have found you here and why would they try and hurt your family if they were after you?" Jai pointed out.

"They would know that Danielle adopted me because i've always been so close with her and this is basically a warning that they are coming for me because i know something i shouldn't." I blurted out. Jai looked at me confused.

"What do you mean you know something you shouldn't?" He asked cautiously. I could tell he was really worried now.

I looked around and there too many people for me to speak her.

"I can't tell you here." I whispered. He stood up and pulled me by the hand downstairs, outside and around the corner. He looked at me as if to continue.

I took a deep breath then began.

"When i was about 6 my dad was constantly coming home with bruises and cuts. My mum was always scared and would constantly be looking out the window, locking all the doors and panicking whenever a car drove past or someone knocked on the door. Then one night when everyone was asleep i heard a loud sound coming from the front door. I opened my door slightly and looked to see what was going on. This group of huge guys bolted through the front door holding guns and knives and pulled my parnets out of bed. There ws punching and stabbing and everything until my dad confessed that he'll stop dealing drugs and he'll pay them back, but they wouldn't accept it. So my dad and my mum both pulled out guns and murdered all the guys right in front of me. I was so scared. My mum turned to look at my door and saw me standing there. She got really mad. She hit me and told me that if i ever told anyone anything of what just happened that she would kill me and everyone around me."

Jai stood there shocked before pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'm really sorry Jai. I'm practically putting you in huge danger now. I thought they were gone. I really did. I'm so so sorry Jai. I really am-" I stutted before Jai cut me off.

"Natalie. Shh. You're not putting me in any danger. I'm always gonna be here ok? I won't let anything happen to you, i promise." Jai whispered in my ear holding me tight.

"And what if-" I began.

"Natalie. Listen to me. I'm always gonna be here. I promise you that. And i always keep my promises. I'll never let anyone come near you. I'll move in with you if that's what it takes. I promise i'll never leave you and i'll never let anything happen to you. Do you undertand that?" He vowed. That was probably he most beautiful thing any guy had ever said to me.

"I understand. Thank you Jai. Thank you so much." I whispered. He kissed me then pulled me back into his arms. He was drawing circles on my back while i calmed down.

__________________________________________

We were sitting in the waiting room again. Jai hasn't let go of me since we were outside. I heard two people running and i turned around to see Sydney and Luke running towards us.

"Natalie! What happened? Where's dad?" Sydney was panicking and was out of breath.

"He's in the ER." I told her.

"What happened?" She asked me knowing something was up.

"He got in his car, turned the egnition on and then his car just blew up in flames. He's still breathing and everything but he's really badly burnt." I explained. She could there was more to it than that.

"Natalie... What else?" Sydney asked.

"The cops found something that the person who put the bomb on dad's car left behind." I began. She looked at me as if to continue.

"The found a small gold cross. My old baptism cross. The one my old parents carried with them where ever they went." I stuttered. Sydney took a step back and my eyes filled with tears.

"It couldn't have been. How would they have found us?" Syndey muttered to herself. I felt Jai's arms wrap around me. Sydney sat down in shock.

"Sydney i'm really sorry-" I began before she cut me off.

"What are you apologising for? You're not them. I would never blame you for anything they do. It's not your fault." Sydney reassured me. She pulled me into a tight hug.

____________________________________________________

"Girls." We heard mum call motioning for us to go to her. We walked towards her and braced ourselves for the worst.

"He's going to be fine. He's gonna have to stay here for a couple of weeks because he's really badly burnt. You can't see him tonight though. And Natalie i need to speak to you." Mum explained. I nodded and walked around the corner.

"Natalie. I don't want you to take the blame for any of this. This is not your fault. You were young then. You didn't know what was going on. I just want to make sure you're not taking the blame for any of this." She whispered hugging me tight.

____________________________________________________

I was lying on my bed when i couldn't take it anymore. I haven't done this since the night before we moved, but i can't help it.

I walked into the bathroom, grabbed my scissors and towels, sat on the floor and slowly slid the scissors across my stomach. The pain was bad but not unbearable. A few cold and bitter tears creeped down my cheeks. I continued for a few more minutes before the blood was oozing out of my stomach.

I've gone too far this time. I sat there for 10 minutes using the towel to hold pressure onto my stomach until the bleeding subsided. I walked back into my room and cried myself asleep.