Proving love

Natalie's POV

Sydney and I got out of the car when we saw the group out the front of the restaurant. The first person I saw was Jai. He quickly glanced my way then looked away. Sydney and I walked up to the group and we all went in.

We were seated in a booth that big enough to fit us all. I tried to avoid Jai but Sydney pushed me inside the booth first and Luke did the same with Jai across from me. We dared not to look into each other's eyes.

We ordered our food and everyone started chatting about random stuff. I was zoned out as I was staring out the window and Jai was doing the same.

"Alright. The dance floor is now open. Everyone has to dance. So get up, pick a partner and head onto the dance floor. It's couples night tonight by special request." Someone announced over the loud speaker. I immediately looked at the group and they tried not to laugh.

Everyone got and walked onto the dance floor leaving Jai and I alone in the booth. He turned to face me and I faced him.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"Talk about what? You don't want us to be together. We're not together so what more is there to talk about?" I pointed out.

"Natalie do you really think I don't want us to be together?" He asked.

"Look at us now. This was your decision." I pointed out.

"Natalie. I do want us together. But if you only knew how I felt when I saw you in that hospital bed with all those machines hooked up to you you would've done the same thing." Jai explained getting teary.

"But Jai it wasn't your fault. Even if it wasn't your fans, an ex could've come up, or a family member, even a stranger. You can't control it. I'm fine now. But you still don't want us to be together." I insisted.

"Natalie I love you. I do want us together. I'm just scared. I don't want you to get hurt. I don't wanna lose you." Jai admitted grabbing my hands and holding them in his.

"Jai. Don't be scared. I think the most damage that's been done to me is in the past week being without you." I admitted beginning to tear up.

"Natalie i'm so sorry. Is there any chance we can pick up where we left off and put this all behind us?" He asked. I've been so happy to hear a sentence before.

"Of course." I smiled. We moved to the egde of the booth where Jai stood up and held out his hand for me. I took it and he pulled me onto the dance floor. I noticed Luke nod at the DJ and First Dance by Justin Bieber came on. Jai and I both sho Luke a look and he just laughed.

Jai wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. I looked up at him and ours locked. We didn't look away until he leaned forward and our lips met. I had craved his lips on mine so much. I never wanted this moment to end.

___________________________________________

"Come on. Let's go somewhere." Jai whispered pulling me towards my car. He took my keys and got in the driver's seat.

We drove for a while until we found a beach where Jai stopped. We got out of the car and walked towards the water. I took off my shoes and held them in one hand. We walked along the water hand in hand in silence.

"I missed you." He admitted.

"I missed you too." I sighed leaning into him. We stopped walking and sat down on the sand. It was getting a bit dark but we really didn't care. We were just to be  with each other again.

"I don't what I would've done if we still weren't talking. I just can't handle not having you with me." Jai admitted.

"Niether can I. But I wonder, in the future, would we still be together together? Or would we be strangers who moved on from each other, got married, had kids and then one day bumped into each other on the street not knowing what to say to each other?" I asked.

"I don't think we'll ever end up like that." Jai shook his head.

"How do you know?" I persisted.

"Because I don't think i'll ever be able to let you go. I want a future with you." Jai admitted. I turned to look at him.

"You do?" I gasped.

"Mhm. I want to be with you. I wanna get married, start a family, die old with you." He explained.

"Why me? You can have any girl you want. Ariana Grande may be a little bit hard to get, but still." I pointed out.

"Because I don't love every other girl. I love you. And I want to be with you. But the question is, do you want the same? Do you want to be with me?" He asked drawing circles in the sand. I sat there thinking for a while before I turned to him.

"How do I know you'll still love me?" I asked. He turned to me and smiled before leaning forward and kissing me passionetly. I could tell by his kiss that he wanted more. To prove to me he really does love me and he always will.

He pushed back so I was lying on the sand before he hovered above me. His cold hand crept up my dress ending chills down my spine as he unclasp my bra. I ran my hands through his hair and let him take the lead.

I knew at that moment that he was mine and mine forever.