Trust

Natalie's POV

There, right in front of me, stood my real parents. Fear shot through me like a million lightning bolts all at once.

"Hello officer. My name is Tiffany Brexton. That is my daughter. I'm very sorry officer but there's been a mistake. Natalie has recently escaped from psychiatric ward. She is very unwell at the moment." My mother lied.

"What?! No! That can't be! Jai!" I shouted as I bolted out of the door and jumped into his arms.

"Natalie?! What are you doing?!" Jai shouted holding up my chin to look at me.

"Jai they're here. They're here. They're inside and they're trying to take me away." I sobbed.

"How can they be here? How are they trying to take you away?" He asked extremely worried.

"They're saying that i escaped from a mental institute." I explained. The door burst open and the two officers with my parents came marching towards me. I gasped and tried to back up but crashed into Jai. His arms tightened around me and he kissed me on the forehead.

"Natalie! Sweetheart!" Tiffany exclaimed and rushed over to me trying to unwrap Jai's arms.

"Get away from me!" I screamed pushing her hard. Jai pulled me back but she had already landed onto Luitenant Coil.

"Do you see?! I told you! She's crazy! She can't even remember me! Look at her stomach! Another reason why she was in the hospital!" Tiffany shouted getting up and walking towards me.

"No!" I screamed as she pulled up my top revealing my scars from self harming.

"Natalie?" Jai gasped taking a step back.

"Jai. Please let me explain. I'm not crazy. I did do this to myself btu the rest is all a lie! Please! Believe me!" I cried. He walked backwards into the wall and slid down. He sat down on the ground with his head in his hands.

"Take her over to Delmont private hospital." Luitenant Maxson ordered.

"Jai!" I screamed as they pulled me.

"Take that bitch. No one messes with Cory and Tiffany Brexton." My dad whispered in a harsh tone as he walked past me holding hands with Tiffany and laughing.

*****************************

Jai's POV

Her screams were killing me. She can't really be crazy? How is that possible? I've been with her all the time. I sat there in complete shock, tears sliding down my cheeks. Then it hit me. She's not crazy. She's been stalked and had her whole life taken away from her, of course she self harms!

I just let her get taken away because I was mad at her for self harming! What the fuck have I done?!

I jumped up and bolted towards the door where i could see them dragging her outside.

"Natalie!" I shouted racing after her. He head shot up and she looked at me with bloodshot eyes.

"Mr Brooks please step away." One of the officers ordered trying to push me back.

"No! Wait! I have proof! She's fine! Just listen! Please! You can't take her away! Just give me 5 minutes! Please!" I begged. The other cop stopped walking and Natalie stopped trying to escape.

I explained Natalie's situation and gave them proof like text messages and phone calls at the times the crimes were comitted which they traced to prove that Natalie wasn't near the crime scenes at the time. They rang up allthe mental institutes in Australia and no one has ever heard of her. They finally believe me and took off her handcuffs. She stood there looking heartbroken.

I walked up to her but she wouldn't look at me.

"Natalie. Please listen to me. I'm sorry. I did believe you. You know that. I was put in complete shock. I sat there on the ground and realised that I didn't stop them from taking you away because I was mad. Mad at myself for letting you do that to yourself. Natalie. Please listen to me." I pleaded with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Jai. I was about to be shipped off to some psycho house and you did nothing to stop them." She cried.

"Natalie. I care about you so much. I don't think you undersand how much you mean to me. Natalie, I love you." I confessed. She looked up at me in complete shock.

"Jai, I love you too." She whispered. I leaned forward and our lips me crating fireworks. Our lips moved in perfec sync. I didn't want this moment to end. This moment right here where i'm kissing the person who I cherish the most in this world. My girl.

We pulled away and I wrapped her in a tight hug.

"Natalie, i'm so sorry. I love you so much and can't handle seeing you like this. You mean the world to me." I whispered in her ear.

"I'm just glad you believe me now. I wouldn't be able to live if you weren't here to hold me in moments like these. I love you so much Jai." She whispered back.

"Natalie, I promise i'll never leave you. I'll never let you go." I promised kissing her forehead and tightening my grip on her.

___________________________________________

Natalie's POV

I walked into my bathroom, grabbed the scissors and towel and threw them in the bin. I turned around and realised Jai was watching. He smiled at me and came over and hugged me tight kissed me.

"Never again?" He whispered.

"Never again." I promised. He smiled at me and pulled me towards my room. He sat down on my bed and pulled me towards him. He wrapped his arm around me and realised I was shaking. Not from the weather, considering it was 30 degrees celcius, but from something I just remembered.

"Natalie, why are you shaking?" He asked concerned.

"Jai, they're still out there." I pointed out. I felt him shiver. He sat up, grabbed his phone and a business card out of his pocket. He dialled the number on the card and put it on speaker phone while her waited.

"Hello? Luitenant Coil speaking."

"Hi Luitenant it's Jai Brooks."

"Hello Jai, what's going on?"

"Tiffany and Cory are still out there somewhere aren't they?"

"Um.. Yes... Well... Wait. Jai, you're not going to believe this, they are just being pulled into the station right now."

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious. Be sure to tell Natalie. I'm sure she's feeling pretty shaken up right now. And i'd like to apologise once again for everything that happened today. It's not easy to find the truth. But she's lucky to have you Jai. Who knows what she'd be like right now if it weren't for you."

"Thank you Luitenant Coil."

"Give me a call if anything comes up."

"Will do. Thanks. Bye.

"Goodbye." And with that Jai hung up. He turned to me and smiled.

"No one comes near my baby girl."He whispered hovering above me. I giggled but he stopped me by planting his lips on mine. He licked my bottom lip and I smiled letting his tongue dance around mine. I felt his hand creep up my shirt and i shivered. I wasn't ready for this. He seemed to notice something was up and stopped.

"What's wrong baby?" He whispered kissing my neck.

"I don't think i'm ready yet. I'm sorry." I admitted.

"Don't apologise. I understand. I'm willing to wait for you." He admitted taking me by surprise.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"For you, anything." He smirked. I laughed and he began tickling me which sent me into hysterics.

"Jai! Stop!" I shouted in between laughs.

"Looks like I found your weakness." He laughed tickling me even more.