Chapter 46 - Luke Meets Logan (Again)

Theo POV

"-you don't understand, she ran away-!"

"Then let her go," Felix shrugs, "she'll be back soon. Olivia wouldn't spend a night out there on her own. I will send the guards after her when I want her back."

His ways were strange, Uncle Felix. But, I knew whatever he declared was the best move whether I understood it or not.

"Where's Luke, anyway?" I ask, "this family drama is giving me a headache."

Uncle Felix shrugs again, "he should be within our walls, but I'd leave him alone for a while. For your own good. If he leaves I'll deal with it."

Not sure that's the best idea considering everything Luke has done. Is he in denial? Maybe.

Olivia POV

I feel the blindfold and the cloth covering my mouth ripped off. I look up, terrified.

"Did you miss us, princess?" A hauntingly familiar voice taunts me and a hand roughly grabs my jaw to force me to look at the figure above me. The room is dark with a door with a small window on it so that people can look in. I can't see the person's features clearly but I can make out a mask covering their eyes

"Who-" I squint my eyes in the darkness, "-are you?"

"Don't you remember?" He shows me something on his wrist and I gasp. That's the symbol! It's them.

"Let go of me!" I cry, desperately trying to tear the, guessing from his voice and physical appearance, man's hands from my face.

"Not until you give us what we want, princess," his mask covers his eyes but I can't seem to picture his full face.

"Stop saying that!" I try to shove him again but he suddenly gets angry and grabs both of my wrists in his hand.

"Don't try and hurt me, little girl," he growls, "I'm much stronger than you. So shut up and listen to me." I nod, mouth agape, shocked at his sudden actions.

He loosens his grip on my wrists and face, "they're not going to be coming for you any time soon. They'll think you ran away again, but they'll hardly care seeing all you've done. That means you're going to be here a while, so follow our rules and you might not die."

My lips are unable to move. I simply nod again, the rest of my body frozen in place. I was terrified, how does he know so much about my family? How does he know so much about what happened today? What is going on?

"If you even try and escape I promise you'll regret it," he finally lets me go, "and if you try and hurt me or anyone else here you'll be sorry."

He walks to the corner of the dark room and brings back a pile of thick rope, tightly tying together my wrists and ankles. I try and move my wrists and cringe at the pain.

"You're not getting away this time, princess," he laughs and exits the room, slamming the door behind him.

Tears flood down my face and I try to cry quietly. I didn't want to attract any more attention to myself, not that it was possible. I had never regretted something so much in my life.

Why did I leave? Why was I so stupid?

I regretted how I had treated my family and I had never wanted to see their faces so much in my life. I felt completely helpless, there was nothing I could do now. There was a chance they wouldn't come for me. That they would want me gone, and just leave me here to suffer. I deserve this after all I've done, I wouldn't be surprised if they just left me here. Luke won't save me. Luke hates me.

The door reopens and another masked person enters. I can tell that she is a woman, from her long brown hair and her frame.

"Come with me," her voice is soft, it doesn't sound like that of a kidnapper, not that I knew what that sounded like exactly, and a small part of me wanted to find comfort in it. But I knew better.

She unties me and pulls me up, leading me by the arm to an extremely large hall. There are lots of chairs, tables, and a podium at the end.

What is this place? I think to myself, looking around. Everyone is wearing masked which cover their eyes, but I can still see them all staring at me. Some are even laughing. My head was spinning with questions.

I squirm uncomfortably at the new, unwanted attention. It felt as though they were mocking me as the woman walked me to the podium and stood me up on it. The chatter and laughter quietens and a man steps forward. He is tall, strong-looking and has a gold mask, unlike all the others who have black or silver. He must be in charge.

"Where is he? Maria?" He barks, causing all of the others to jump, including the woman next to me who I now identify as Maria.

"We're working on it, Sir, but we should have him here soon."

Logan POV

I barely have time to react before a fist comes crashing against my jaw, causing me to stumble backwards from shock. Damn, this guy hits hard, I thought, rubbing my jaw.

I had been taken to the Centre Building by a few guards to sign a few things for my father, not by choice obviously, to "give up" some of my duties for a while. Yet slipping away from guards is my specialty, and as I took a stroll around the building I ran into none other than Luke Maxwell.

It would be an understatement to say we weren't happy to see each other.

"Stop," I warned lowly, "I don't want to hurt you."

Every time I look at him I see Olivia, but he's stronger than I anticipated. If I don't fight back it might not end well for me.

While I was lost in thought, he grabbed me by the collar. That was it. I had had enough. On another note, the bastard did shoot me.

I grabbed him by the shirt and spun us around, so that his back hit the wall. Our foreheads pressed together, his surprise was enough for me to overpower him, "don't you dare touch me or her ever again or-"

"Or what? You'll kill me? I doubt it."

"I'm not like you," I spat.

He angrily shoved me off of him, "don't act like you didn't deserve it."

I regained my balance, "I deserved it?"

"You knew exactly what you were doing. You should have called it off with her when you had the chance," he mutters lowly.

"You don't get it, do you? I-"

"If you say you love her I swear to God I'll kill you right here and now," Luke's anger arises once again, "I'm not an idiot. I know why you did it, and you won't use her again."

"Use her?" I almost laugh, "you think I'd give up everything just to use her?"

"You're a fucking liar," he spits, "you broke her heart. I should've killed you when I had the chance."

"I broke her heart? Are you kidding? I've done more for her than you have in your entire life! All she talks about is how badly you treat her and this is all my fault?" I scoff, "she wouldn't have wanted to leave in the first place if she wasn't unhappy at home with you."

"Oh, because your family life is so perfect? I doubt it."

"What is going on in here?"