Chapter 26 - I Want To Be With You

Olivia POV

I gasp as he turns around, grabs me and pulls me into a tight embrace, our foreheads touching and he stares into my eyes, thumb stroking my cheek. My heart caught in my chest.

"I missed you," he breathes out and I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I missed you too," I admit quietly and we both grin, our lips so close they were almost touching.

"I mean it," he runs his nose down my neck and I exhale in surprise.

"Logan," I put my hand on his chest, gently pushing him away, "I need to talk to you."

He lifts his head up and looks back into my eyes, sensing my more serious tone.

"My uncle had someone following me wherever I went, probably reporting back to him," I sigh.

His eyes widen, "what?"

I explain to him how Lydia and I went to the wall and everything that happened after.

"What happened to the guard?" He asks and I frown.

"Lydia blackmailed him into quitting his job," I look down. Although it was Lydia who had done it, I knew she did it for me, I still felt guilty, "I feel awful about it, but he saw us go to the wall."

I hear him sigh, and he is silent for a few moments before stroking, "it's alright. I'm just happy I get to see you, don't worry."

"Logan, someone was following me! My uncle suspects something and it won't be long before-" I pull away and trail off.

He nods, stroking my hair again, "I know."

I pull him onto a sofa that was in the room, it was presumably some sort of lounge, and hug him tightly. Wow he smells amazing. I never wanted to leave him, is this what love feels like?

"What's wrong?" He asks me as I listen to his heartbeat, feeling a few silent tears run down my face, staining his shirt.

"After this we might never be able to see each other again. I'm being followed and my cousin knows something's going on," I look into his eyes.

"I don't want to lose you," I whisper.

He gently wipes my tears with his thumb and frowns, "you won't. I promise."

"I love you," I cuddle into his muscular chest, never wanting to let go of him.

He rubs circles into my back and kisses the top of my head, "I love you too, gorgeous."

I smile but it quickly fades, "I don't want to leave you."

He sighs, "I know, but we-"

"No," I say more seriously, looking up at him, "I mean it."

He looks at me in confusion, "what?"

"I want to be with you, Logan. I don't care how," I shy away from his gaze and bury my head in his chest once again.

"Olivia, look at me."

I nervously look back into his piercing blue eyes.

"You do realise what you're saying?" He asks, "we'd have to leave our families."

"Run away?" I ask and he laughs.

"I was trying to put it a nicer way, but yeah," he smiles, "Olivia, would you seriously do that for me?"

I pause, thinking hard. Theo knows and they'll all catch on soon enough. If I leave now we might just get away with it. But I wasn't sure if I could really leave my family. Even if I did love him. I could always get Lydia to secretly visit. Somehow.

All of my family apart from her were suspicious of me now and I really didn't want them to find out. I didn't know if it was the right thing to do, but if they found out my life would be over. With him I'd be free.

"Yes," I nod firmly, "but what about you? Aren't you supposed to be a King?"

He shrugs, "I don't care about any of that. I have guy cousins that are around my age that could take over."

"Really?" I look at him with wide eyes.

"Of course," he kisses me quickly yet passionately, "I really do love you."

My hands began to sweat as I realised the commitment I was about to make. I wanted nothing more than to run away with him but I loved my family. With him, we would be free. There would be no rules. No expectations. No consequences. No pressure to hate a family I barely knew until a few months ago.

"But how? Surely they'd find us?" I ask him sadly.

He smirks and leans into my ear, "let's just say I have connections in the villages."

My eyes light up, "really? Do you think we could pull this off?"

"I know a few people in the village furthest away from the castle. There's a street that's almost empty. I know a few people who could shop for us if we needed them to but we would be safe there," he tells me.

"Wow," I look at him impressed, "you've really thought this through."

"I've thought about running away a few times," he shrugs and then smiles at me, "you should know, seeing as it's technically how we met."

My heart flutters as I think of the day we met and I laugh. I shift my position on the sofa so that I don't fall off. He laughs and pulls me closer.

"So," he leans into my ear as my face is too hurried into his chest to see his face, "would you like to run away with me, Olivia Maxwell?"

I get goosebumps as I feel his breath on my neck. I clutch his shirt with my hand and take a deep breath, thinking about what I am about to do for the final time. I look up at him, "I would love to, Logan Dalton."

He kisses my forehead, "I love you. I promise nothing bad will ever happen to you so long as I'm with you."

I smile and internally swoon at his words, "I love you too."

I reach my head up to kiss him and feel him smile against my lips. I've just told him I'm going to run away with him. Why don't I feel guilty?

"When?" I ask as we both pull away.

"Whenever you want," he smirks. I need to go home first. Explain to Lydia. Grab my stuff.

"Tonight?" I ask.

He nods, "midnight. I'll meet you in the forest."

I laugh, "I can't wait, but are you sure you want to do this?"

"I will never be as happy in that awful castle as I have been since I met you," he admits, "I'm sure."