Chapter 11 - Quick Thinking

Olivia POV

I wake up to see a figure sitting on my bed beside me, watching me sleep.

"Logan?" I gasp.

He puts his fingers to his lips and leans in to whisper in my ear, "I missed you."

Chills run down my spine as I feel his breath on my face.

"What are you doing here? You have to get out now!" I tell him, pushing him away from me.

He laughs, "why, do you not want me here?"

"I- that's not it!"

He leans into my ear, whispering again, "Olivia."

"Logan? What are you doing?"

"Olivia," he repeats my name over and over again.

My eyes shoot open.

"Olivia!"

I am shaken awake by my brother, who looks confused.

"Lewis? What are you doing?" I ask him, still recovering from my dream.

"I was sent to wake you up, it's eight o'clock and you'll miss breakfast if you don't come down now," he tells me before turning to walk out the room.

"Oh. Thanks," I mutter before getting out of bed. He leaves, and I hear the morning knock on my door to signal that my "prep team" have arrived, as Liam likes to say.

Ready for the day I exit my room. As I start to head down the hall, I hear footsteps coming from behind me. I turned around to see a door slowly opening from down the hall. Freezing in fear, I listened for any more movement.  I wanted to shout out for someone, but decide that might not be the smartest thing to do.

Am I being paranoid?

Then, I see a shadow approach the edge of the door way.

I take off running.

Hearing footsteps behind me, I can't look back in fear as I run as fast as I can in my dress and heels. I trip on some of the material of my dress and use my hands to stop my fall. I turn round quickly as I am grabbed and pinned up against the wall.

I let out a scream but my hand is covered by a figure wearing all black, whose face was almost completely covered by a mask apart from the eyes.

"Don't make a sound, and I might not kill you," I can hear the smirk in what appears to be a man's voice, "yet."

I instantly try to wriggle out of his grasp but am almost immediately overpowered. He suddenly brings a knife to my throat which stops me and I am unable to speak by the hand covering my mouth.

"You're going to listen to me very carefully, princess," I simply nod as he keeps the knife in its position and I watch it in fear. My breathing became much more shallow as I was desperately trying to save my throat.

"I have a few friends right now that are- keeping an eye on your brother. He's alive, so long as you do as I say," he explains and I nod. My eyes widen as I immediately think of Lewis who had just left my room.

"I want over that wall, and you're going to help me."

I steady my breathing as I slowly raise my hand and gently nudge his hand from my mouth, trying not to make sudden moves. He pulls away his hand but grabs a tight hold of my wrist.

"Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. That wall is heavily guarded at the Centre Building and that's the only way through to the other side. It's impossible," my voice shakes a little.