Chapter 20 - Olivia Maxwell, You're in Big Trouble

Olivia POV

This'll scar too, I thought grumpily, looking at the stitches on my other calf, floor length dresses from now on.

"What's up?" Logan laughs as he sits beside me and pulls me into his side.

The Nurse had cleaned us both up. I figures most of the bricks cut through his shirt, so Logan's back wasn't too scratched up which made me relax a lot. I wanted to go home, but I knew I was going to be in trouble. So at the same time I almost didn't want to go back. We both agreed that I'd tell my family I got lost when I was with Lydia, I heard the bombs and got scared, I tried to run away and then ran into something- knocking myself out.

As for my leg, my dress would cover the stitching. Luckily I didn't rip my dress or anything. It seems the back of my skirt went up when I was thrown to the floor and the brick cut it. I was able to clean myself up a bit.

"I don't want another scar," I frown, showing Logan the backs of my legs. I sigh, flopping back onto his bed. So I'm really in his castle again, I think. My eyes wander around the room, in his room, wow.

"I really need to go back," I say, sitting up.

"Can you walk okay?" He asks, helping me up off the bed.

I stand up, "yeah. I think so. It doesn't really hurt anymore, and I'm more worried about the time."

"Well, I enjoyed carrying you," he picks me up again, "I'll at least get you out of the castle."

"Quickly," I tell him and he nods. I noticed on the way up that the halls were practically empty. Where is everyone?

"Weren't you originally going to get your sister?" I whisper as he creeps around.

"I couldn't find either of them. I don't know where anyone is," he whispers back. Oh right, he has two. Once we reach the same door as when we came in I tap his arm as a signal to let me down.

"Are you sure?" He asks, "I'd be happy to take out the whole way there."

"No," I push away from him, "you've done enough. But I really need to get going."

He kisses me quickly, "be safe."

"I'll see you soon," I kiss him back and he smiles. My heartbeat speeds up its pace as I realise that it's time to face the heat with my family.

"We cannot loose you Olivia," Uncle Felix had told me, "your brother will need you by his side when he becomes King. You're an important part of this family- and he needs you more than anyone to guide him."

I felt guilty. It's no secret my uncles treated me so carefully- I was the twin of the soon to be King who relied on me dearly (even though he doesn't like to admit it) and it went without saying we were a stronger family together.

With the kidnapping they freaked out, and now bombs. They'll most definitely think I'm dead by now.

I remembered hearing stories of Uncle Felix's wife, Aurora.

I'd never met her, as she died before I was born. Uncle Leo told me she died during childbirth, and so did their child, and that was all he ever said. We all knew it was a touchy subject for the King so we never brought it up, I tried to avoid thinking about it until now.

It apparently made Felix into a much colder man- and along with Lydia and Theo's mother and my parents, my family were terrified of losing anyone else.

Of course, there's only two royal families in existence so we are typically arranged to marry people of wealth and/or power. Old fashioned, yes, but it was the only way to keep our royal family- well, royal I guess. Or at least as royal as possible. We value tradition. The thought saddened me, will I have to marry someone I don't want to? Luke definitely will.

It was obvious Uncle Felix and Aurora were arranged to marry, but from what I heard they were madly in love with one another. My thoughts trailed to Logan, will he have to marry, too? Will I still be with him when that happens? He's going to be the King of that side. Why would he want to stay with me? The twin sister of his soon to be rival.

I told him I love him! I didn't even consider problems like this! Not to mention the whole dating-in-secret thing. Do I love him? Did I just get caught up in the moment and tell him that?

I felt conflicted. Why was I doubting my feelings? I knew I was just worried about my family finding out. No. I love him. I know I love him.

I snap out of my daydream and realise I've reached the wall. I pause and look down at my leg. The hole in the wall reached up to my mid-thighs so it wasn't that difficult to climb over, I just had to be careful. Especially with my stitches.

Lydia POV

"Where is she?" I mutter to myself, pacing around my room. If she was here I would have surely heard about it by now. I definitely knew the rest of the family were worried sick, too, but I was even worse considering I knew Liv was at the wall.

"That's it," I mutter to myself, throwing my door open, making my way down the large stairs. I jump as I run into my father.

"I thought I told you to stay put, Lydia?" He crosses his arms and takes the "I'm giving you into trouble right now" stance.

"Theo doesn't have to "stay put" though, does he?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"That's different and you know it, so go back to your room before I get angry," he turns around and begins to walk away.

"No, not when it comes to Olivia it's not. I deserve to help!" I demand.

"Lydia, go back to your-"

The main doors suddenly fly open, "I'm-" Olivia staggers in, panting, "-so sorry."