Chapter 2 - Mystery Boy

Olivia POV

Twenty minutes into the game and I still haven't found a single one of them yet.

This is why I hate hide and seek.

Don't get me wrong, it can be pretty fun, but not with my brothers in such a large castle. Another few hours pass and we have went through a few more games, apparently I'm not the best at hiding.

We then gather back at the main castle entrance, and decide to spend the rest of the day doing whatever we wanted, which was rare. We knew something had probably happened at the wall, but since we couldn't do anything we took advantage of the freedom.

Jessica usually has her riding lessons this time, and she's the closest. I don't really want to walk far to meet anyone, especially in this dress.

Riding lessons!

I suddenly get an idea and run outside to the large stables. I smile and walk over to my horse, Violet. My uncles weren't very fond of me riding my horse by myself, but I told myself I wouldn't be very long. I take a slow ride and end up in some grassy fields.

This is the closest I have ever been to the wall, I think as I look up in awe. I look behind me and see the castle much farther away than I thought, and the farthest away I have ever been from home. I was miles away from the castle, too far to walk.

I find myself nearing the woods that I never even knew existed until now. It's right next to the wall, so no wonder. I take a deep breath as we race into the woods, avoiding tree branches that try to attack my face. I had never been allowed to ride this far, ever. I actually felt a little rebellious, butterflies shooting through my stomach. Or maybe I felt ill because I knew I was disobeying.

I decided to get off my horse and walk for a bit, holding onto Violet for support. I'm not great with heels even after all these years, especially with all the leaves and twigs and things that want me to trip.

The rhythmic crunching of the leaves beneath my feet is the only sound I can hear.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

My feet become tired after a while of wandering around aimlessly, so I stop walking and begin to climb up onto Violet when something send shivers down my spine.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

I can still hear the crunching of leaves, but this time it's not coming from me, and Violet is standing still. Panic stabs at my chest as I reach down and grab the nearest twig as some sort of weapon. I hold my breath as I near the source of the noise.

I suddenly hear many, indistinct voices getting louder. Violet stands on her hind legs, frightened, before taking off through the woods.

"No!" I yell, helplessly watching her gallop away.

I begin to run after her, but a hand grabs my wrist tightly and pulls me behind the bushes. I try to let out a scream but another hand covers my mouth.

"Shh, shh," a voice hushes me as I slowly calm down, seeing whoever it is doesn't seem to have any weapons that I can see. We stay silent and hear many people shouting and horses galloping. I couldn't really hear what they were saying as I was afraid of whoever was holding me, what's going on?