Chapter 18 - Curiosity Killed the Cat

Olivia POV

"What are you doing on this side, Liv?" He whispers lowly into my ear as I quickly turn around.

"That's the first question you ask me after everything?" I frown, "I told you I was coming to see you!"

He pulls me into a hug and sighs, "you're right, I'm sorry beautiful."

I internally swoon at the nickname, noticing that he smelt the same as usual. Logan quickly pulls away and grabs my face with both his hands, "are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

I gently pull his hands away, smiling, "I'm fine, honest."

"Why didn't you try and contact me sooner? Do you have any idea-"

I gently put my finger over his lips to silence him, "I was literally under twenty four hour surveillance by my entire family. I would have came sooner if I could have, but I couldn't leave that castle and I was still shaken up from what happened."

"It looked bad," he stroked my face where I had been hit, "I've not stopped worrying about you, you know. They wouldn't tell me anything about you and I didn't want to ask too much."

"I know, but we're here now," I take both of his hands in mine and he smiles.

We sat and talked for a while, just enjoying each other's company. I hadn't felt so content in a while.

Lydia POV

"Your Highness!" I hear a loud voice call and turn around. Two large men in armour march towards Jessica and I, guards.

"Oh no, this is bad," she whispers to me and I nod, pushing her behind me slightly.

"Yes?" I ask, trying not to show my nervousness. Please don't ask for Olivia. We have one job.

"Your father wishes to see you at the castle. He says it's urgent and we must escort you back immediately," one explains as they bow.

"My father?" I ask, confused.

"Go," Jessica nudges me slightly, before lowering her voice to a whisper, "I'll take care of everything."

"Thank you," I whisper to her as I turn around, "I'll be back soon."

The walk back is silent, my heart beating rapidly in my chest. Could they possibly know? And where did that other guy go?

"Lydia!" Uncle Leo rushes towards me outside the main doors, "are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I ask, narrowing my eyes in confusion.

"We received a note with a threat-" he sighs, "a threat against our entire family. And proabably the Dalton's, too."

"What?" I gasp.

"We couldn't trace any fingerprints but a note was delivered here threatening the royal families and whoever wrote it claimed to have possession of bombs that they were threatening to set off," he drags me inside quickly.

"So what do we do?" I ask.

"We? No, no, Lydia you're not doing anything. The castle is heavily guarded and we're sending out guards to the villages," he says.

"What about Olivia?" I say out loud, instantly slapping my hand over my stupid mouth.

"Believe me, we have people out looking for her, but I thought she'd be with you?" He eyes me suspiciously.