Chapter 10 - I've Got Your Back

Olivia POV

For a while, we were silent as we lay together on a small sofa. He held me, and I was happy, though still so conflicted inside. I really felt truly happy when I was with him and it was a relief from all the stress of being a princess. I knew we met not that long ago, but it didn't seem to bother either of us. I was still cautious but I could feel something genuine coming from him.

"We're going to have to figure this out soon, you know," I whisper into the dimly lit room.

I can feel him tense as he replies, "I know."

"I don't know what to do," I can't help a few tears streaming down my cheeks. I sniffle and he turns my head to face him, wiping underneath my eyes.

"I won't rush you," he tells me as he cradles my head into his chest. I took a moment to breathe in his scent, which calmed me down a little.

"I don't want to lose anyone," I can't help but cry.

"You won't. We'll figure something out," he kisses the top of my head.

"Do we have to tell them? Our families?"

"Not if you don't want to, but eventually we will, secrets don't last forever," he sighs.

"Are you really willing to do that? If we do there's a good chance we won't see each other again, I'm worried something bad will happen," I frown as I realise the truth.

"Don't worry. I won't let anything bad happen to you," he kisses the top of my head again.

"Wouldn't it be hard keeping this a secret?" I look up at him.

"I'm sure we'll manage," he smiles at me and I return it.

"So," he trails off, "now that we're officially keeping things secret, would you like to officially be my secret girlfriend?"

I can't help but laugh, "I would be honoured."

He pulls me into a cuddle and I laugh again. We spend a little while longer together before sneaking back out of the building. Thankfully, we were manage to convince the guards at the front doors that I lost something and Logan went to help me find it so I don't think that they'll mention it to anyone. Hopefully.

He goes his way, and I go mine. Did I really just do that?

My speed-walk turns into a jog and I yank up my dress as the sun begins to slowly set. I don't enter through the main doors this time and sneak through the door to the kitchen as to try and not be seen. I make my way through the busy staff, keeping my head down and yanking up my dress.

"Liv!" I hear Lewis's voice call to me from the hall. I try to avoid him but he jogs to catch up with me.

"Hey, how was it? When you didn't come back with the rest of them I was worried!" He told me.

"Did anyone else notice?" I ask him worriedly.

"Not really, our uncles were too busy talking about something to do with building more villages, cleaning outside of the wall, stuff like that," he tells me and I sigh with relief.

"Good," I say as I hurry up the stairs.

He follows me, "what's going on? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine," I tell him, "I'd just like some time to myself please."

He sighs and eventually gives up. That night we all decided to have dinner together, because Uncle Felix apparently wanted to talk to us. As we sit down, he makes a toast.