Chapter 5 - The Only One I Can't Have

Olivia POV

As I slowly awaken, I begin to hear unfamiliar voices.

"What did you do to her, Logan?"

"Nothing! I swear!"

"Clearly it wasn't nothing."

"Shut up, Elizabeth."

"You shut up! And don't call me that!"

"Enough, both of you!"

My heavy eyes begin to open as three pairs of eyes look over me.

My memories come flooding back and I sit up quickly, "where am I?"

The older-looking woman on my left begins to talk before she is cut off.

"Let me handle this, please," he nods towards the door and the other two women reluctantly leave.

"What's going on?"

"You fainted, so I brought you back here to keep you safe."

"Your castle?" My eyes widen.

He shrugs, "yeah."

I jump up quickly.

So, not only have I breathed air from the other side of the wall, I am now in the Dalton castle!

I am most definitely going to be killed!

I rush towards the door frantically, "no, no I have to go."

Running towards me he grabs my arm for what feels like the hundredth time, "why are you so worried? I understand with you being from the other side and all but I really mean you no harm. I'll get you back over and leave you alone, I promise."

I shake my head, close to tears, "you don't understand. Really."

"Try me," he winks.

"They're going to kill me," slips out my mouth as I grab the back of my head with my hands.

He reaches his hand out to me "hey, what's wro-"

"Don't touch me!" I yell. He takes a few steps back in shock.

After a few moments of staring at each other I finally gather my thoughts, "I'm sorry. This wasn't supposed to happen. Just please, take me back."

He just nods and leads me outside. It's still dark, I mustn't have been out for a long time. In the distance we can see the effects of the battle but choose to ignore it.

"So, who were those other people?" I ask, trying to break the silence.

"Oh, uh, that's my sister Betty and one of our maids," he says and I nod.

As we exit, he turns to me, "what do you think?"

I look around.

"It looks so much more different than our side," I gasp.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" He jokes.

"I don't really know," I pause in thought, "wait, why were you even on my side in the first place?"

He chuckles, "I found the gap in the wall and felt a little rebellious, I guess. I never knew I'd become so attached to it. My side of the woods is terrible compared to that."

"I never got around to your name, by the way," I realise.

"Oh yeah. Logan Dalton," he smiles, "nice to formally meet you."