Chapter 14 - Family Misfortunes

Olivia POV

"You know each other?" Luke glares at the blonde-haired girl.

"Yeah, we all met at the meeting. Right, Betty?" I see Logan nudge who I remember him telling me was his sister.

"Wha-" she begins but senses Logan's glare and stops.

Luke simply glares at the two. The other, older-looking man walks over and begins talking to some of the guards. Lydia and I are left with our brothers who are being tightly held by guards, and Logan and his sister beside them.

I look up at Logan and then to the boys, and Logan begins to approach me, still leaning on Lydia. His eyes widen as he examines my face, but says nothing with Lydia and some guards next to us.

"Give us a minute," I whisper to Lydia and she walks away, convincing the guards to go with her.

I can sense the fierce glares from my brothers and cousin, but talk to him nonetheless. We were stood a good enough distance away that they wouldn't hear us if we spoke quietly, facing away from them so they can't see out faces.

"What happened to your face? Is this about you going missing?" He frowns and raises his hand up to touch my face which I subtly push away.

"Don't. They'll see," I mutter, "it's a long story."

"Tell me. Please," his worried eyes meet mine.

So I did, explaining how I was kidnapped, hit hard over the head and shot. He never spoke for a few moments, and I could hear his heavy breathing, "they never told me that. All my parents said was that we had intruders or something, I- fuck," he runs a hand through his hair.

"It's okay, Logan I-"

"No it's not okay! Jesus, Olivia!" He hisses.

"I know, sorry," I sighed, "I just don't want you to feel angry. I'll be fine, I promise."

"I wish I could be there for you."

"You know I'd give you a hug right now if I could," I giggle, "but I don't think we have enough privacy for that."

"Oh? That's it?" His eyes light up a little.

"Maybe," I wink, "as soon as I can I'll meet up with you again."

"Okay," he nods, before turning back towards my strange family, "maybe I should keep them. Then I could see you more often."

"Oh!" I had forgotten all about them, "about that, I'm so sorry. They're just stupid, they didn't mean any harm to your family. Please let them go."

"I know, there's not much I can do, Olivia," his face falls again.

I shake my head, "you can call me Liv if you like."

"Liv?" He raises his eyebrows in amusement.

I nod, "that's me."

He lets out a loud laugh and I anxiously look back at my brothers who were watching. My eyesight wasn't great, but I could feel their stares on us.