Chapter 41 - Broken

Luke POV

"He's alive?" I gasp in shock.

Uncle Felix nods, "we spoke to the Daltons. He's alive and will be fully healed sooner or later. Don't get me wrong, Luke, I'm furious that you stole my gun and used it, but we have much bigger problems on our hands right now."

I nod, "what happens when Olivia finds out he's alive?"

"She won't."

My eyes widen, "really?"

"Olivia cannot ever find out he's alive, do you understand me Luke?" He looks straight into my eyes, "she will be told that he was killed."

"I understand," I nod solemnly, that makes sense, I suppose, "but what about the meetings?"

"She will no longer be attending them," Uncle Felix tells me, "for the rest of her life."

"Speaking of Olivia," he sighs, "she's in more trouble than any of us could possibly imagine."

"Is she going to stay in her room?" I ask, trying to stay calm on the subject of my sister.

I was furious. I wasn't sure if it was because of her or Logan or just the whole situation but I was worried of how I'd react if I saw her. I didn't know if I could control my anger.

"For a while, at least until we figure everything out. I think it's best if we all have time to calm down after everything," he replies, "then we will decide what to do."

"Good idea. What about Lydia?" I ask.

"She's not said a word yet. I have no doubt she was involved somehow. I will get it out of her," he sits taller in his chair.

I couldn't believe that Lydia was involved too. The shock of Olivia was enough at the time but then Lydia pushed me and I realised she was involved.

"They betrayed us all," I mutter darkly, looking to the floor.

"And they will be punished accordingly," Uncle Felix sighs, "I just wish it all didn't have to happen. It's not easy treating them like this when they're family."

"You think we're treating them badly? Olivia ran off with one of our enemies and Lydia probably helped her! They deserve whatever happens to them," I angrily stand up from my chair and storm out of the room, not wanting to hear any more.

"Luke!" My brothers, the other twins, try and catch my attention from further down the hall and I roll my eyes, I don't want to deal with explaining everything again.

"Theo told us what happened, is it true?" Liam is the first to reach me.

"Would he lie?" I mutter in annoyance.

"He's probably still angry," I hear Lewis whisper to him and I sigh frustratedly.

"You two aren't?" I ask them.

"Well-" Lewis pauses and looks at his twin who shrugs, "-we're not exactly sure what to do. I mean, we can't exactly be angry at her. This is Olivia we're talking about."

Typical that they'd stand up for her. Even after all she's done they can't hate her.

"She betrayed us, you idiots! How could you still defend her?" I ask in disbelief.

"I'm not defending her," Liam shrugs again, "I just don't hate her. I know I joke about it but that's all it is. A joke."

"She always defended us, Luke. I'm sure there's more to the story than we all know," Lewis says, ignoring Liam's previous comment, "you can't really hate her, can you Luke?"

"She betrayed us," I growl.

"Stop saying that," Liam rolls his eyes, "it's getting old."

"She's our sister, she's your twin," Lewis shakes his head, "don't tell me you hate her because we all know that's a lie."

"She. Betrayed. Us," I speak slowly as to not lose my temper at my brothers.

Lewis sighs, "we'll talk when you're feeling better. Come on Liam."

With that the two boys make their way down the hall and back to wherever they came from. They'll always take her side no matter what. Pathetic.

Olivia was always too gentle with them. I had told her they need to toughen up, but she would always defend them and protect them as much as she could.

"They need to toughen up, Liv," I had told her, laughing, "they'll become men sooner or later."

"Oh, shut up, they're eleven years old! I have a right to protect them as much as possible," she shook her head.

"You're too gentle with them. What about when they grow up and you can't protect them anymore?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at her.

"They'll never grow up. They'll always be my baby brothers," she laughed.

I frowned. How had we drifted so much over the years?

Lydia POV

I sigh, looking out the window. I was bored out of my skull. When are they going to let me out of here? I thought, slouching in my chair.

"Lydia," a knock on my bedroom door snaps me out of my thoughts. Perfect timing.

"Come in," I sigh again.

"I brought you food," Theo enters with a tray filled with food and water. I was hopeful that he would be in a slightly better mood than the last time he saw me, which was when he literally threw me into my room, but his expression was still cold.

"Why won't they just let me out?" I groan as he places the tray on the desk beside me.

"When you're ready to tell the truth I'm sure they will," he snaps, instantly shutting me up. After a minute he sighs, "you're the lucky one. None of us are even allowed into Olivia's room."

"Poor Liv," I frown, "she doesn't deserve this."

"It's not up to me, Lyd, and I wouldn't tell Luke or Uncle Felix that, by the way," he warns, turning around and heading towards the door.

"Did you even ask her?" My words stop him.

"What?" He turns around to face me.

"Did you even ask Olivia why she left in the first place?" I ask and he shakes his head, "no, of course not, you never let her explain!"

"Lydia calm down," my brother shakes his head as I get out of my seat.

"No!" I begin to yell, "you never let her explain!"

"Lydia, what are you shouting about?" Luke suddenly enters the room.

I ignore him and continue, "she left because of you all!"

"What?" They both stare at me in confusion.

"She wasn't happy here! It's because of all of you that she felt like she couldn't talk to you and she couldn't explain any-" I'm abruptly cut off by Luke dragging me by the arm out of my room.

"You want her to explain?" He asks, almost sarcastically, "then let's let her explain."