Chapter 13 - We Need To Stop Meeting Like This

Olivia POV

I trace my fingers along my cheekbone down to my jaw, pressing into the same spot and judging the level of pain. It still hurt just as much, given it was still only this morning that it had happened. I'm going to need to put makeup on that bruise, I thought. I hadn't heard anything since my brothers and cousins left me alone here, but the infirmary room was oddly calming.

Lydia went to go find the boys. My calf was bandages and I had crutches that I could use for a few days because it hurt to put pressure on my leg. I didn't really care that I had to use them- I had a feeling I wouldn't be given much work for a while.

The room is guarded from the outside, due to my Uncle Felix's request of course.

"Your Majesty," I hear from outside of the room.

Speak of the Devil.

"How are you feeling, Olivia?" He asks after closing the doors behind him, coming over and sitting in one of the chairs in front of me.

"It still hurts a lot," I cringe as I try to lift my leg.

He nods, "I'm sorry that this happened to you. I spoke to Lydia and a few of the guards who have explained to me what happened, so you don't have to tell me anything. You've been through quite enough."

"Thanks," I smile a little.

"Feel free to ask me for anything you need," Uncle Felix eyes my bruises and sighs, "Luke told me you were in quite a state when you came into the castle. Is there anything else they did to you?"

I shake my head, "not that I can remember."

He nods again, "alright, don't worry about it. Get changed, I think Lydia brought you something to wear."

"Speaking of, where is she? The boys have went missing, too," I tell him.

He shrugs, "I thought they were here with you."

"So you don't know where they are?" I ask and he shakes his head. This could be bad. Luke's especially bad for acting out when he's angry.

"When did you last see them? What did they say?" I ask frantically.

"They came to see us and asked what we were going to do about-" he pauses, "the situation at hand."

"What did you tell them, Uncle Felix?"

"I told them we would have to wait until you healed properly to decide what to do," he says and I stand up. Before remembering that I need crutches and hobbling over slightly. Felix catches me and hands me the crutches, these are totally going to kill the dramatic effect of going after them. Oh well.

"We have to find them. I know the boys and I have a feeling they're taking matters into their own hands," I tell my uncle as I (slowly) make my way out of the room.

"Liv, should you really be walking around just now? Those injuries look really bad," Lydia cringes at my bandages as she sees us. The rest of our family are gathered at the bottom of the stairs next to the main entrance.

I shake my head, "I'm fine. We have bigger problems. The boys have went missing and we all know they're stupid and don't think before they do stuff."

"Where are they now?" Uncle Marcus asks me.

I shrug, "I've got no idea."

Uncle Marcus nods, and nods towards his brother, "Leo and I will send some people around the towns and see if we can find them. You two-" he looks at me and Lydia, "will stay here where you are under protection."

"What?" I ask in disbelief, "they're our brothers!"

Uncle Felix puts up his hand to shush me, "that's enough. You'll do as you're told."

I bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from saying something to him I might regret later. Arguing with him never ends in anything good. Also, I had a feeling they were going to be much, much stricter with me from now on. I knew they were just trying to protect me but they had a funny way of carrying it out.

I roll my eyes at Lydia and motion her to follow me away from our family.

"They could be in danger, Lyd, this is bad," I worry.

"Then what do we do?" She replies.

"We have to find them," I drag her out of the castle and to the stables where we quickly grab our horses. I could still ride a horse, and my leg wasn't broken. I could still use it, it just hurt and the crutches made life a little less painful.

"Uh- where do I put these?" I wonder, holding my crutches.

"Just drop them and hop," she laughs, and I throw them down beside Violet's feet. Well, hooves.

We ride as fast as we can to the Centre Building. I knew that if they were going to do anything it would be crossing the wall. How, I had no idea, but they would do it. I knew them too well. There's a chance they went after them and I had to stop them before they got caught.

We see a swarm of guards around the entrance, talking loudly. Something was definitely going on. We jump off and lead our horses towards them. I was holding onto Violet and limping slightly, but we made it.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Your Highness, we heard some noises coming from inside, but when we checked there was no one there. We think someone may have passed through. Both sides have been put on high alert and have to look for any unfamiliar faces," one answers me, bowing. It's got to have been them.

"Okay, we'll go and have a look," I try to enter but am stopped.

"I'm afraid the King has given us special orders not to let you through," one of them says apologetically. Of course. Damn.

I am about to speak when some sort of commotion is heard from the other side of the wall. The guards turn and make their way through, conveniently allowing Lydia and I to sneak through behind them. Lyd allowed me to put my weight on her as I stumbled through. I instantly recognise Luke, Lewis, Liam and Theo being forced up the hill by guards.

"Logan?" I whisper as I see him, the same blonde-haired girl I had seen before and another familiar looking person- a man that I saw at the meeting a short while ago.

I lead us to the front, much to my regret.

"Hey, isn't she the girl from before?" The blonde-haired girl spoke up after a few moments of silence.

Oh God. This is going to be fun.