Chef Baby

Kiefer

"Are we gonna eat out or you want me to cook?" Without looking I asked her, I'm still driving. Blame traffic.

"Ahmm.. You gonna cook my fave ba?" I glanced at her and saw her biting her lower lip. My spoiled baby.

"Well then, it's a buttered shrimp kinda day made by the personal chef of the spoiled baby." I said no breathing in between, Mika produced my favorite music. Her laughter.

"Baby baboy." She said and we both laugh. I pulled over at Cubao so we could buy shrimp.

"Wag ka na bumaba, wait for me here. Matatagalan pa tayo kapag bumaba ka." I told her when I saw that she's removing her seatbelt. Mika extended her pout. Sprak Queen alert.

"B, hindi ako magtuturo promise!!! Just wanna go insideeee!!" I'm laughing hard as she throws tantrums even stomping her feet. Now what's mature? Haha.

"Please?" What Mika wants, Mika gets. I sighed in defeat, ano nga bang laban ko sa beautiful eyes niyan at paawa look.

"I knew you'll let me." She then raised her brow and immediately went out. I don't mind kahit anu-ano pa ang ipabili niya, it's always my joy to spoil my not-so-little archer but my fear was this.

"Uy! Si Mika Reyes!" "Si Kiefer Ravena kasama niya no, cute nila!"

Some people noticed us, others even asked for a photo.

"See? This is why I want you to stay inside para di ka na maharang." I whispered to her as we smile for pictures.

"Okay lang yan." She shrugged which surprised me because Mika is not bothered being stared at. Hinawakan niya pa ang kamay ko at nagpaalam sa mga tao. She is carefree, ang cute cute niya habang hinahatak ako at nagtuturo to where mukhang masarap bumili ng shrimp. I'm mesmerized again.

I stopped walking, she's holding my hand pulling it to where she wants to go. Napatigil siya sa ginawa kong pagtigil.

"What?" She stared at me with her confused look. I walk close to her.

"Funny ng expression mo, what's gotten into you ba?" Mika frowned, I'm simply smiling. When I'm close enough, I kissed her temple.

"Hey.. You.. Okay?" She asked me and worried is all over her face, I felt her tightened her grip on our hands.

"Nothing baby. Let's go." Now I'm leading her, for few seconds she was lost by my sudden actions but shrugged it off.

Mika's all over the place, ever since nagkaroon ako ng sariling condo we see to it na laging may lamang food ang fridge ko. Mika doesn't like the thought of me going home to my little place with no food. Niloko ko pa siya and told her baka kasi takot lang siya na kapag pumunta siya there's nothing to eat. She just laughed at me.

After buying stuff we need for today's menu, hand in hand we went back to where I parked the car.

"Pagod ka no? Saya mo eh." One hand intertwined other on the stuff we bought.

"Supermarkets excite me." She said in a matter of fact tone.

"Yeah, I've noticed." We reached the car.

"Bae kindly get the key in my pocket." Mika rolled her eyes on me.

"Ayaw pa kasi akong bitawan eh." I grin she beam, alam ko na ang ibig niyang sabihin dun.

"Asa ka pang makakawala ka sakin." She then shook her head and used her free hand to get the key from my pocket and afterwards pressed the car key open, binitiwan ko lang ang kamay niya ng pinagbuksan ko siyang door sa passenger's seat. Pinaopen ko yung compartment so I could put the grocery bags tapos pumunta na ko sa driver's seat.