The Tall Girl

Ikaw at Ako | TJ Monteverde

Kiefer

I can't believe how time flies so fast, parang last month lang nung nalaman ko na I'm gonna be a father tapos ngayon she's already on her 7th month.

It feels surreal though.

Mika's first 5 months surely is the toughest. We've been in and out of the hospital because of her condition. I almost took a paternal leave from all my commitments because I wanted to be the one to take care of her but Mika said it's not really needed. Andun naman daw sila Mama Bhaby, to look after her. At hindi din ako pumapayag na magisa lang siya. There are times na kapag di free si Mama I'll bring her to our house which is nearby lang para kasama niya sila Dani, Thirdy or sila Mama at Papa.

That way, I'm at ease.

During her 5 months too, I suffered from her cravings. Not that I'll ever complain, pagsisilbihan ko siya kahit ano pa man.

Hindi pwedeng maubusan ng maasim sa loob ng fridge namin. Late night she'd ask me to make her some dalandan or green mango shake. Hanggang sa pati ako napapainom na rin. Kahit pagod na pagod ako from games, practice and commitments she'll just give me that satisfied smile she always does whenever she's pleased okay na ko.

She hated dark chocolates, kahit amoy nun inaayawan niya. Isa sa mga kinagulat ko kasi paborito niya yun.

"Ayoko niyan, magiging kakulay mo siya eh." Mika would always say that to mock and tease me everytime she'll see dark chocolates.

Ketchup, she eats almost everything with it. When I tell you almost everything, I mean it.

"Babe? Fruits you want?" I am staring. She's happily eating fruits dipped in ketchup.

"No...thanks. Masarap?" Ang weirdo ng asawa ko.

"Yum! Hm?" She replied. Mika handed me a sliced apple with ketchup.

"Di babe, kulang ata sayo." Tanggi ko agad, she shrugged it off and continued eating.

Whenever she wants to eat something, it has to be heart shaped, I asked her once and she said, "I want our little one heart shaped face eh." Natameme ako. Ganun?

She's too emotional. Mika would always cry be it about the movie she's watching or what she's eating.

One time, I just got home she came to me and sat on my lap. Her head leaning on my shoulders.

"Our little one is playing with me again.." She said sobbing. I chuckled and touched her arms.

"Aww. We love you little one." I said caressing her tummy as she cry.

I carried her to bed and tucked her in. She fell asleep after crying.

"Goodnight my love." I kissed her forehead and touched our little one.

And believe it or not, it's true pregnant women tend to be a little...

"Baby." I put away the magazine I'm reading when Mika climbed the bed and straddle me.

"What is it?" I asked her right away, her lips puckered. Slowly I inserted my hands inside her shirt and is touching her bare back.

"Hmmm.." Mika closed the space between us and nibble my lips. She's biting my lower lip. She's breathing heavily. I unclasped her brasserie.

I kissed her full in the lips, both of us not breaking it until we're out of breath. She's only wearing an oversized shirt, Mika loves wearing those every time we're at home. My free hand caressing her exposed thighs and the other is busy massaging one of her breasts.