The King

Mika

We reached the front gate of our house and he hasn't spoken to me yet. I'm trying my best to understand him, it's what married couple do right? Have patience, and long patience and more patience.

"Are you not gonna talk to me?" I faced him irritated, he stopped the car and hasn't called Kuya Fred yet so we're just practically sitting inside the car doing nothing. I heard and saw him heaved.

He's throwing fit on me because I told him I might, 'might', take contraceptive pills to avoid unplanned pregnancy for now. I already signed a contract with my team, I will be penalize in case I don't fulfill my end. My PT has a point, I am married and with no shame I must say that me and Kiefer, us, is very much active in the said department so I won't be surprise in the event of having another baby bump months from now that's what I'm trying to explain to him but as soon as he heard about it he already had his mind closed.

"I'm telling you this because I want you to decide with me. I'm gonna respect your opinion about it but I also want you to know what I think about it." I won't be hypocrite, I am considering the idea. Besides we just had Isabella, we have to be practical. Albeit we both know Kiefer can support our family for years without me working plus 5 more kids but then again, we can't just risk things.

We just got married and I gotta admit that having Issa with us, although it is such a great blessing and brings us so much happiness, it lessens the time and moments we have together. If we will be having another baby and Issa is still learning how to walk it'll be handful, with his schedule.. I can't do everything and I don't want our babies to be dependent on nanny.

I want him to weigh things, to understand me like I to him.

"You asking when it seems to me you already have made a decision." He said firm. I stared at him frustrated. Kiefer can be such a pain when he's being irrational.

"I told you I haven't made any decision because I know I have to consider yours. Although I'm telling you already that I am considering it. I thought we both mutually wanted me to continue volleyball? You told me you'll support me, does it ring a bell?"

"I said I'll support you Mika but we didn't talk about you taking whatever that shit is." I just hate it whenever Kiefer cuss, I know it wasn't intended for me though.

"Oh don't you even shit on me Kiefer. Alam ko mainit ulo mo pero wag na wag mo kong dadaanin sa ganyan." He's asking for it.

"Tss. Okay. I'm sorry."

Kiefer

"I'm sorry, I'm listening." As soon as I see Mika's ears red I know she's losing her patience. I don't want us to fight. I respect her as much.

"Babe, can we just.. Please, I really wanna go back to playing and I want to take care of you and Issa. My top priority is you and our daughter. Think of it as.. well, planning. Can you?" I sighed defeat. Hindi ko kayang pigilan si Mika sa mga bagay na makakapag-pasaya sa kanya. I already took her dreams off her, I want to give it back.

"Okay. We'll go with that, up until Issa's 3rd birthday. I'm gonna give you 3 years babe, after that promise me we'll work on my baby boy." I gave her a smile and she to me. Compromise, that is.

"Yes babe, thank you. For trying. Love you." She reached for me and kissed the side of my cheek almost touching my lips. I embraced her tight.

"I love you more, and whatever it is that makes you happy I'll always be willing to compromise." I whispered to her.

"Akala ko we'll have a fight about this pa." She said and as if on queue Kuya Fred showed up opening the gates for us. I rolled down my window to acknowledge him.