Baby

Martyr Nyebera | Kamikazee

Mika

I am perhaps in a state of shock. I couldn't move, wouldn't even talk. Kiefer carried me all the way to our car and to the emergency room.

"Baby, talk to me please." He pleads, his free hand on mine as he drive. I tried speaking but no words came out.

Could it be? Could it be I'm pregnant? That stupid test wasn't right? Am I..

It didn't even matter that I'm covered with blood, or I'm only wearing his oversized shirt.

Tears came falling from my eyes, everything went back to me from being drunk to late night crying because of what happened to me and Kiefer. Those sleepless nights.

Darn. My baby gone through too much already, hindi pa siya pinapanganak pinahirapan ko na siya. What kind of a mother am I?

Kiefer

Mika's still conscious when I admitted her to the hospital while waiting I called my Mom.

"Ma..." Hindi ko mahanap ang boses ko, naiiyak ako sa kaba. I had a breakdown when I heard my Mom's voice.

"Si... Ma si Mik..a."

Then I broke. Naiyak na ako ng sobra, nakayuko na ako. My head in between my thighs. I told her everything.

"Just relax Manong. We're on our way there. I'm gonna call Bhaby too. Balitaan mo kami agad, be strong for Mika."

Minutes later her Doctor came out. Tumayo ako agad para salubungin siya.

"How is she po? Bakit siya nagbleeding?" I'm dead nervous, tinanggal ng doktora ang face mask niya.

"They're out of danger now but you have to be very careful. Mika can't afford to have another bleeding." A creased form, Mika's pregnant? Napatigil ako sa paglalakad. Shocked of what the doctor told me.

"Mr. Ravena? Could it be you two didn't know about the baby?" The good doctor stopped and faced me. I am dumbfounded, I shook my head.

"Oh. Tsk. Okay, let's talk inside my office."

"Pero.. Si Mika po?"

"We'll be transferring her to her room, don't worry. She's just sleeping." When she said it I felt relieved and so I walked with her to her office.

When we reached her office.

"Sit down please." And so I did, my hands are twitching.

"I'll be honest with you, almost had miscarriage at kapag hindi pa kayo magingat baka mawala ng tuluyan ang bata." Halos umiyak na ko nang marinig ko yun. Muntik na, muntik na.

"Hindi malakas ang kapit ng bata and so I'll have to give you prescriptions para maging healthy and magina mo. I know about your sports, sorry pero hindi muna siya pwedeng maglaro o kahit anong movement na magiging strenuous para sa bata." I am listening intently at the good doctor.

"First baby niyo ito di ba?" She asks and I nod.

"It'll be hard for her, pati na rin sayo but be patient. The baby is a blessing. Congratulations Mr. Ravena. Don't worry, the little bud is a fighter." I felt relief when the doctor told me that my wife and baby are safe now.

She gave me some pointers na hindi ko na maabsorb because I really want to see Mika already.

When the doctor released me I went straight to the room the nurse told me, there I saw my whole life sleeping.

I went near her.

"I love you so much Mika, thank you for always giving me reasons to love you even more. This time, you even gave me a new reason for living. Our baby. I love you and I'll love our little peanut even more."