Monumental Moments❤️

I called Ken the next day and he told me to come to Yankee Stadium at noon. I smiled through the phone and said okay.

When I showed up to the stadium by myself at noon I saw Cody at the corner and I ran to give him a hug.

Cody: Hey Sarah. What are you doing here?
Me: Hey Code. Did Ken call you?
Cody: Yep. I guess we are here for the same reason.
Me: Probably. Lol.

We walked into the stadium by the player entrance but obviously no one was here.

We walked back to Brian Cashman's office and there was Derek and Ken sitting across from Brian's desk.

Brian: Hey guys. Come sit.
Me: Okay sure.

Cody and I looked at each other confused.

Brian: We thought you guys wanted to spend the day with us but we want to show you guys something in monument park.

Me: Wow I haven't gone down to monument park since the day the stadium opened. It has been awhile Brian.
Brian: Yeah I know. It has been awhile for many of us.

As we walked around monument park I cried because I remember each and every single one of these moments and if I didn't I remember a family member of mine talked about them.

Me: Oh my gosh Mariano Rivera. Man I never got to meet him but maybe one day I will. His book "Closer" is so great.
Cody: Yeah I read it online on Amazon books I don't think I cried that much reading a book since grammar school.
Me: Same Code. 😂😂
Cody: The struggle the guy went through I was grateful for the things I got in life even if I didn't play for this team I always wanted to.
Me: Following your dad's footsteps Code?
Cody: Always wanted to even if he said no matter what team I played for he would always be proud of me.
Derek: That's the best father anyone could have Cody.
Cody: Didn't you play with him Derek?
Derek: Oh yeah. Great guy. You remind me a lot of him. Your personality is your father's.
Cody: Even my mom says I'm my father but sometimes I'm like mom I just want to be me.
Me: Cody your father lives in this stadium and if you don't that is okay because I know how much you love the Dodgers.
Cody: Yeah I do. I mean they aren't the Yankees but I just thank God they aren't the Red Sox's my god. 😂😂
Derek: You have a sense of humor like Sarah no wonder why she likes you.
Cody: Yeah Sarah and I fight over you too much. She says she loves you more than me but I always hit her with the "my dad played with Derek" then she gets mad and smacks my arm. 😂😂
Derek: Have you two ever tried dating? Just a question.
Cody: We have but I think we were always better off as friends even if she had a crush on me when she thirteen and I played for the West team in the Little League World Series in 2007.
Derek: Yeah you were the minion of the team.
Cody: Yeah Sarah used to call me "baby blueberry" because of my eyes. 😂
Derek: Yep. I can tell you have a good friendship with her.
Cody: Yeah the first time I met her was in Tampa and she looked back at me and knew who I was and to be honest that was a good feeling but I saw she was wearing her Jeter shirt and I was like oh we are going to have some lovely conversations.
Derek: I guess you guys do talk about me a lot.
Cody: Yeah we both donated money to the Turn 2 Foundation because we knew it was for a good cause.
Derek: That means a lot you guys.

As the day went on Brian remembered something.

Brian: Sarah.
Me: Yep.
Brian: I know this day can't get any better other than you and Cody wanting to eat already but did you say you wanted to meet Mariano Rivera.
Me: The Sandman yep.
Brian: Well walk down the hall and look to the right.

Cody and I walked down the hall and looked to the right and Mariano was standing right there.

I couldn't believe my eyes and Cody was absolutely speechless.