The Next Day...Baby DJ? ⚾️🍼

Since the whole Yankees squad shall I say was welcoming two little Yankees they were more than happy for Giancarlo and Aaron being fathers.

As I was sitting in the dugout Jordan LeMahieu came and sat next to me. She smiled and waited for me to look at her.

Me: Hey girl. What's up?
Jordan: Sarah.
Me: Girl? Are you okay?

As she broke down crying I held her and then Coach Boone saw her crying and came over and asked if she was okay.

After she took a few deep breaths she smiled at both of us and said she was pregnant but she didn't tell anyone. Boone and I were the only ones who knew.

Boone: Wow all the good Yankee women getting pregnant happy to hear. :) I'm sure DJ is going to be happy when you tell him he's going to be a dad. :)
Jordan: Yeah. I would actually want to tell him in the clubhouse now.

We all nodded and went back inside of the clubhouse and the whole team was sitting because Boonie walked into the room.

Boone: Guys Jordan has something to say.

He held onto Jordan's hand and she walked over to DJ sitting in front of his locker and she kneeled in front of him. You could tell he was worried something was wrong with his wife but the whole locker room was quiet as a pin.

Jordan: Babe. I'm pregnant.
DJ: Oh my gosh. Are you serious?
Jordan: Yep. Just found out early this morning.
DJ: This is amazing. I'm gonna be a dad. I'm speechless. I never thought I was going to get this opportunity but now I am and I can't wait. Ugh I get to teach him or her about life.
Jordan: I promised you DJ I was going to love you from the bottom of my heart but everyone talking about kids and seeing you play I wanted you to teach our kids one day that they can be super stars just like their father.
DJ: Thank you Jordan. Babe you don't know how much this means to me.

The rest of the club house was in claps and tears knowing baby number three was coming but didn't know when.

Christina: When is the due date?
Jordan: July of next year.
Christina: Summer baby. Amazing.
Jordan: Yeah I know. I'm going to find out in a couple of weeks the gender.
DJ: Coach Boone that day I'm gonna need off.
Boone: We are a family DJ of course! This is your baby and you need the day off.
DJ: Thanks coach.

DJ walked outside with Boonie. Aaron and Giancarlo followed because Boonie wanted to talk to them also.

Boone: My stars I'm going to give you advice from father to upcoming fathers. Every day is a blessing and you are bringing new lives into the world. Now I would love to be apart of these childrens lives if you would allow me to and I want to just tell you three that I love you like my sons. I would do anything to back you guys up! :)

The three of them crying in the midst of smiling knowing Boone wasn't playing with his words. He was a father to them always was and always will be.

DJ walked over to his wife and gave her a kiss and to be honest with you it was just amazing seeing he didn't care where he was. He was going to love his family no matter what.

As the team went out to play Chrissy, Jess and I sat with Jordan and a couple of seconds later Elizabeth came. She was happy with the news about Jordan and I. I was hanging in there and so was Jess but Jordan I believe was the most nervous because she didn't know what to do. We told her that we would always be there for her no matter what the case was.

Jordan: My family cares but you guys care more and I thank you.
Chrissy: Ohana means family and no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Jordan smiled knowing about Lilo and Stitch from little nieces and nephews she had.

As the time passed the three of us that were pregnant sat there in agony because of course the nerves hit pregnant women like giant waves. Christina was laughing with Elizabeth the whole time knowing they would one day have to deal with this but they would help any way they could for now. The two of them would get up and get what we needed since the focus on the game was helping us get through that we were carrying major league players babies. What a tough job to handle. You thought DJ, Aaron, and Giancarlo were nervous and under pressure ha it was worse for their wives.

During the game when they would come back to the dugout they would look by the side to make sure we were hydrated and okay and we would smile and shout we are fine.

DJ was just utterly paranoid he couldn't be with his wife right now but Aaron and Giancarlo were just keeping him under control.

I smiled over at Christina and she knew I was having my hormonal moments and Jessica's spanish was kicking in and then Jordan her country was coming out like a fire cracker when bad calls were made on the players. The guys were playing Houston again. It was interesting but we knew they would try and come out with another win.

Elizabeth was more in the corner during the game and she got a call saying her cousin broke her ankle so she was kinda up and down the whole game but Gleyber kinda knew after awhile what was going on. He always checked with her during the game and she would fill him in.

This team was together always and they would always have the backs for each other. The front office knew that and so did the coaches so come playoff time even with the injuries the players would be fine. 😊

Last Night my best friend and I took this picture at the Stadium and I would like to share it with you guys!!