A Day Of Batting Practice and new conversations.

I got up the next morning and Aaron was downstairs making breakfast because I could smell it. I rolled over and I saw a sunflower and a letter saying to meet him downstairs. I stuck the sunflower in my hair and walked down.

I walked up behind him and hugged him. He smiled back at me and gave me a kiss on the lips.

Aaron: Morning beautiful.
Me: Good Morning.
Aaron: Did you sleep ok?
Me: I always sleep okay but with you next to me and my head on your chest I slept like a little baby.
Aaron: Good.
Me: Though last night I had this dream.
Aaron: What kinda dream?
Me: You asked me to marry you at the Stadium and you had your teammates help you.
Aaron: I would do something like that. Did you like it?
Me: I cried buckets. I thought it was so romantic and beautiful. I'm not looking for extravagant. I'm looking for unique, sweet, and beautiful.
Aaron: Like you.
Me: Stop I'm not.
Aaron: Yes you are. You don't have to be perfect to be amazing.
Me: I know. :) Thank you.
Aaron: Your welcome.
Me: So what do you think of this sunflower in my hair?
Aaron: You look beautiful.
Me: I just woke up.
Aaron: And you are still my beautiful girl.
Me: I smiled up at him. :)
Aaron: My mom knows about you and so does my dad.
Me: How?
Aaron: I showed them a picture of us on the mound. They thought it was sweet.
Me: Yeah I sent that to everyone they were happy for me.
Aaron: Well I am your dream man.
Me: Well you are much more than that you are my outfielder. ⚾️
Aaron: Oh okay. ;) Well your outfielder needs to leave for batting practice and I want the outfielder's girlfriend to come with him.
Me: Will your coach let me in? I don't want to get you in trouble.
Aaron: Trust me you can come in.
Me: Okay.

As we got into his car after we finished getting ready we were just listening to a little country music and the song Speechless came on by Dan and Shay.

Aaron: I like this song.
Me: I didn't know you liked country.
Aaron: Well when you are in the dugout and locker room with Brett Gardner you tend to listen to Dan and Shay a lot. He loves those guys.
Me: Yeah I love them also. Unique voices and talented as shit.
Aaron: I couldn't agree more.

As the ride went smoothly while I was holding his hand we parked and walked into the stadium. I waited outside in the dugout and I looked out into the field and I felt speechless. I could see the things being set up for practice.

As I was in my moment a guy the same stocky size as Aaron comes up to me and says hello.

I said hi back and I knew who he was I was again speechless and I couldn't believe it was him.

Me: I'm sorry for asking this but aren't you Giancarlo Stanton?
Gian: That would be correct.
Me: Nice to meet you. :)
Gian: You as well. Who let you in?
Me: Oh I'm Aaron's girlfriend.
Gian: Which Aaron?
Me: Um Mr. All Rise. ;)
Gian: Aaron has a girlfriend?!? Really?
Me: Haha I know hard to believe. My name is Sarah.
Gian: Nice to meet you Sarah. Pretty name for a pretty girl.
Me: Thank you you are too kind.
Gian: It is no problem. So how did Aaron find you?
Me: I came to a game and I was sitting behind home plate because my sister got the tickets and wanted me to go with her. I made Aaron a sign and it caught his eye and here I am. Just a fan/ a dream come true for him and I.
Gian: What a story. :)
Me: Mhm. Have been a girl in pinstripe love for years. My first baseball boy was Derek Jeter though. Still haven't met him because he's now retired and I'm still boring old me.
Gian: Well one day you will.
Me: Yeah maybe.
Gian: Did you play sports before?
Me: I was the only girl on a baseball team then I moved up to softball and I played basketball, a little tennis, soccer, dance, swimming, and probably the whole kitchen sink added to it.
Gian: Wow. Athletic background.
Me: Mhm. :)
Gian: Well Aaron found himself a nice girl. He's one of my best friends. :)
Me: Oh that's sweet.
Gian: Yeah. Well I have to run and go hit but we will see each other around.
Me: Yeah see you. :)

As Gian walked away I was speechless again that I got to talk with him. I remember the media talking about him and the shit they said I didn't believe any of it. He's a humble young man. He has got good things and people heading his way I can just tell.

As I was back in my daze I found a glove with a ball next to it. On the ball was a sticky that said meet me in the outfield.

I looked into the outfield and saw my baby with a glove. I didn't know if I was allowed out there so I shook my head because I didn't want to get him in trouble.

As I was about to sit back down the manager walked by me and I remember as a little girl watching him on TV and I couldn't believe he was right in front of me.

He motioned me to go join him and just getting the approval from him made me happy. I ran out onto the field and had a catch and to be honest again I was the only girl in a sea full of beautiful men. It was a dream come true for me.

Aaron: Honey you have an arm.
Me: Thanks. Outfield remember.
Aaron: Right right?
Me: Mhm. I'm a long distance thrower.
Aaron: I can see that.

As I continued to throw around I saw the team and others looking at me and they were just pleased with what they saw.

I looked at Aaron with a smile and he smiled back.

Aaron: I did this to show you off.
Me: Why?
Aaron: Because you deserve it. :)
Me: Thank you. :)

As we both ran back into the dugout and he went out to hit I sat on the bench and just watched him in awe. The players sitting next to me of course had smiles as I watched him with gold in my eyes.

I admired him so much. He was so talented and just an amazing person and I was so glad I got to join this journey with him. His team loved him but the love I had for him was endless.
He walked back into the dugout after he was done and I kissed him on the lips and the team of course smiled widely.

Later that day as practice was over we stayed on the field for a little longer.

Aaron: G told me he spoke to you today.
Me: Yeah. What a nice guy. Media was nasty to him.
Aaron: Yeah I knew you were gonna say that.
Me: He said you two are best friends?
Aaron: Yup we are. I have his back and he has mine always.
Me: Seems like it. He deserves a nice girl.
Aaron: I'm sure you have friends.
Me: Not for him. He deserves way better than my friends. They all have issues.
Aaron: Well I'm glad you are keeping him safe.
Me: Yeah I am.
Aaron: You can always let me know if you have someone for him.
Me: Yeah maybe I will look for someone.
Aaron: Okay.

As we were about to leave the field I felt something on my wrist.

Me: What is this?
Aaron: My grandma's bracelet. It means a lot to me and I want you to have it.
Me: Thank you. I promise to keep it safe.
Aaron: Thank you. :)
Me: Your welcome. :)

He kissed me again as we were about to walk out.

Me: You really like kissing me don't you?
Aaron: Yup. I can't get enough.
Me: Hm okay. :)

I kept thinking back to my favorite picture of him. I saw that picture in front of my face right now.

The soft look in his eyes made my insides melt like marshmallows

The soft look in his eyes made my insides melt like marshmallows. His skin the way it hit the sun was just mesmerizing.

I smiled to myself and kept that memo in my head to tell him later.