Meeting Mr. Bellinger. The Past Comes Back.

As soon as we landed in LAX Aaron and I separated from the team and went to meet Cody and Sabrina. They were excited to have us back in LA and then to have us come and meet Cody's dad was also awesome.

Cody: SARAH!!!
Me: Hey Codes!
Cody: How was the flight?
Me: It was nice. I didn't sleep half the time but Didi actually put me to sleep by calming me down so I was happy after that.
Cody: that's good. So ready to meet my dad?
Me: yep.

Aaron and I walked behind Cody and Sabrina to their car and we got in.

It was a nice ride over and to be honest with you it was like we never left LA. Aaron went without me to LA the last time but this time I said I wanted to go.

Cody: so sarah how did you find out about my dad?
Me: my aunt and uncle told me. They actually want your dad to sign a ball for them if he is up to it.
Cody: of course Sarah. He would want to actually since he hasn't really signed a ball in years. He would be flattered to know someone knows about him.
Me: my aunt and uncle filled me in. So I know somethings not everything.
Cody: Yeah my dad comes to my games sometimes so you will see him hiding somewhere in the stadium so no one will see him.
Aaron: I think I saw your dad once Code. Really down to earth guy.
Cody: Yeah A he's cool.

Aaron was looking at where Cody was looking in the rear view and he was staring at Sarah smiling. He knew something was going to bound to happen one day between them but I guess that was the least of Aaron's worries.

Sabrina looked back at me and smiled knowing how happy I was but it also looked like she was looking at Aaron through the mirror and I was fishy as to what was going on. I didn't think anything of it but I knew it wouldn't be something to think about later. Was Sabrina forgetting that Cody her fiancé was sitting next to her and she was too busy looking at Aaron in the mirror.

I did some research and found out that Sabrina went to school with one of Aaron's friends at Fresno and I didn't want anyone to know that I knew. You always find out about people before they tell you. I don't think Cody knew about this but one day I was going to tell him and I think before the game tomorrow night I was going to see some sides of Cody I would never see before.

Cody: Sarah I was thinking do you want to hangout tomorrow before we go to the stadium?
Me: Yeah sure. That would be a good idea.
Cody: Okay.

As we pulled into Cody's parents driveway I smiled at how beautiful the house was.

Me: Your parents have a gorgeous house.
Cody: They would be happy you said that Sarah.
Me: Haha I know. When did they buy it?
Cody: a couple of years ago. They just had it renovated in the back and then they wanted to you know make it more kid friendly because of my little cousins that come over and such.
Me: that makes sense.

We all walked into the house and my eyes lit up at all the Yankees Dodgers memorabilia in the house. I was smiling because his dad and mom had everything around the house which was a surprise. They even had Yankee Dodger napkins which I thought was so adorable.

Mr. and Mrs. Berlinger came into the living room and greeted everyone with hugs and I smiled at Cody's dad and just wanted to hand him the ball to sign. He smiled and did so and was honored to talk about his career. Our eyes pretty much lit up when he talked about the people he played with and the greatest moments with the team.

Me: What was your favorite moment with the team?
Mr. B: I think maybe it was the fact that I got to carry a legacy and I got to just wear the pinstripes. I wanted my son to follow my footsteps but he is happy with the Dodgers and I'm happy about that.
Me: that's so nice.

They gave us a tour of the house and to be honest with you I was just amazed how beautiful this house was and just the fact that this baseball family really made me happy. Cody's mom really appreciated me coming and Cody bringing me.

She took me into the backyard and she smiled at me when she started to talk.

Mrs. B: Sarah you are such a wonderful girl.
Me: Thank you.
Mrs. B: Did you ever have an interest in my son?
Me: Can I be honest?
Mrs. B: Yes honey.
Me: I did at one point but that was before I met Aaron.
Mrs. B: I thought so.
Me: I'm sorry. I know that Cody knows.
Mrs. B: Sarah it is okay to have feelings. All of us have them. I used to like a guy before I met Clay and to be honest with you he was a Mets player. I'm not going to name any names but I did like him until I moved to LA for college and I met Cody's father.
Me: You guys are very lucky that you found each other.
Mrs. B: Thank you honey.
Me: Your welcome.

I walked back into the house with her and Aaron was sitting very close to Sabrina on the couch while Cody was sitting next to his father on the other couch. I wanted to think something was going on but I didn't want to make any assumptions.

I walked to the backyard again to look around and I saw Cody's parents had a small ball field next door to the land I was actually happy. I went to sit on the mound and I looked around at how amazing this place was.

A couple of seconds later Cody came to join me

Cody: I guess you saw what I saw?
Me: You saw?
Cody: Yep. My mom talked to me Sarah.
Me: What are we gonna do?
Cody: Sarah I did like you but that was before Aaron came into the picture. I'm not going to lie I was jealous and I'm still jealous of Aaron.
Me: Should we keep this between us?
Cody: For now I think we should until the time is right.
Me: You know I was talking to Didi on the way here and he said to not worry about me having an interest in you but I think he was telling me one thing to keep me from leaving Aaron but I don't know why I'm getting these feelings. I can't control them.
Cody: Sarah we can never control them. They always control us. We forget about the ones we love now because we think there is something out there better than us or for us. Sarah you are a beautiful person and I love your heart. You don't have to be skinny to be beautiful you just need to be a better version of who you were yesterday.
Me: Thank you.
Cody: Your welcome.
Me: We should go back inside.
Cody: Yeah we should.

Cody and I walked back into the house and his parents were in the kitchen but we didn't know where Aaron and Sabrina went. Cody and I walked to the back of the house and saw them talking and he was peaking some interest in Sabrina and Cody and I knew it. We just knew something was going on. When we were in the car I was in the back and he was driving we saw. They obviously didn't see what they were doing but we saw. We were going to keep it on the DL for now. We didn't want anyone suspecting anything.

Cody looked at me with some smile and I did the same back but to be honest with you I was confused as to why these feelings were coming back.

Only God knows. 🤷🏻‍♀️