part 14 Chapter Three: Bye Bye Blues

Spinel sat up from her sleeping position on the couch, Amethyst made her way into the kitchen area, and silently greeted her. She turned her head in confusion, Steven had come and talked to her last night, right? Or was that part of her dream?
She couldn't recall and personally didn't care to at the moment.
She stretched her head toward the window and peered out, her face falling into a discontent frown at the site of Blue's ship still sitting on the beach.
It was decided, she would stay inside today.

"Yeah, she's gonna be here a while." Amethyst remarked, making her way toward the couch where the rest of the gem sat. Her head snapped back to her shoulders and she groaned in discomfort.

"Steven said she was going to the moon, right?" She sunk into herself letting out another groan. "I wish she'd go already."

"Steven?" The diamonds voice chimes as her giant eye peered through the windows, causing Spinel to jump, covering her head with the blanket.

"Oh, Spinel! I wanted to talk to you." She said softly, blinking at the pink gem whose pigtails stuck out of the blanket foiling her plans of hiding. The pink gem seemed to melt under the blanket, her limbs sagging out from under it.

"She'd love to." Steven said briskly as he pulled on his jacket. Spinel's head burst out of the blanket and she glared at him in anger and confusion.

"What?! N-"

"Oh that's wonderful!" Blue smiled, resting her hand, palm up on the porch, waiting for Steven to open the door. He made his way down the stairs and ripped Spinel's protective blanket away from her, revealing her to the smiling diamond. The pink gem squeaked in reject at Steven's automatic approval. His hand wrapped around her arm and he pulled her from the couch, dragging her toward Blue's hand.

"Steven what are you doing you know I-"

"Don't be stupid, get over it." He cut her off, not looking at her as he forced the gem to follow him onto Blue's hand. She  instinctively crouched down, wrapping her arm around her until she was all but surrounded by her own limbs.

Was this some sort of retaliation? He had never been so openly forceful, was he mad at her? Because she was mad at him? Even still, it was unlike him to push anyone into such an uncomfortable situation.

"Spinel, I'm sorry for the way we've treated you, I hope you can forgive us." Blue began, pulling her hand to her face to try and read the terrified gem's face. Steven yanked on her arm, and her head briefly popped up, her eyes were clenched shut.

"O-okay!" She whimpered, tucking back into her self made hidy-hole.

"She wants you to forgive her, Spinel." Steven remarked, his voice low as he gritted his teeth through his words. He wrapped her arm around his like a rope and pulled again, spinning the gem out of her enclosure to face Blue Diamond herself.
She deserved it. After what she said, a little pay back for being so rude last night.
He smiled disingenuously at her, though inside he secretly revelled in her fear and despair.

"Go ahead." He sweetly pushed, resting his hand on Spinel's back and forcing her forward she stumbled and looked up at Blue Diamond.
Her eyes darted back to Steven who still held her hand, smiling as if he didn't notice the pink gem trembling. Spinel gulped, looking back at the diamond, her hair stood straight up as her mind scrambled for words.

"I...forgive you.." she murmured softly, looking down at her feet. It was empty though, her words. She couldn't forgive Blue for locking her away, making her cry, letting her get reset over and over again. She glanced back at Steven who seemed wildly more extatic about her words, his grip tightened around her arm and for a brief moment a memory flashed in Spinel's mind.
She looked away from him, her hands opening and closing as she tried to forget the memory.

Blue Diamond smiled and brought the two of them down to the sand, Steven hopped off and Spinel followed behind, her arm sagging as he leashed her forward.

"That's all I needed, Spinel, I promise to do better, Steven." Blue said gently, standing up.
Steven waved at the giant diamond.

"We'll talk about your court in a bit, okay?" He called. Blue nodded, stepping backward to her ship and bubbling herself to enter it.

Steven made his way up the stairs to his home, Spinal reluctantly followed behind him, still reeling from her brief, albeit terrifying conversation with the diamond.

"Steven, why di-"

"You have to learn to get over yourself, Spinel." He cut her off, Spinel looked away, get over herself? He had told her just a day ago that she could speak to Blue when she was comfortable- and now all the sudden he's just making her like she doesn't have a choice in things? What was wrong with him?

"Steven, I don't think you're being fair."
She tried to say, pulling against his grip, he spun around, glaring at her with hatred in his eyes. The gem shrunk away from him, startled by his anger.

"You know what's not fair, Spinel? I have been trying to make things easier for you, nonstop, and you turn around and say hurtful and rude things to me! That's not fair!" He snapped, yanking her toward him as he trudged toward the greenhouse, grumbling in dismay and rage.

Spinel was at a loss for words, what did she say that hurt him? Why was he so upset, so unlike himself. He pulled her into the greenhouse and activated the warp, murmuring and grumbling to himself the whole time.

"Steven, what are you doing?!" The worry in her voice didn't deter his sudden malice as he pushed her into the light of the warp and followed close behind.