pt5 Chapter Two: Not as Far as We'd Hoped

The sun Incinerator crested over the horizon of the gem colony, reflecting the light of the far off sun onto the water below.

"Oh, God, we finally made it!" Lars breathed, filled with relief after waiting for what felt like forever just to enter orbit around the planet. The ship dug itself into the sands of the alien beach and opened its hatch, allowing the passengers to exit.

"I predict we will arrive safely on a colony" Padparadscha said, gleaming with joy as the crew stepped out into the sands.

"Where did we land?" Rhodonite questioned, nervously glancing around for other gems. Lars stepped ahead of her, taking in the scenery.

"It….seems….like….we've….arrived…" fluorite took in a long breath before continuing, "on
..one...of….blue….diamond's….colonies…" she remarked, slowly turning her head towards the disproportionately blue landscape and architecture.

"We should see if we can refuel.", "we should ask for help." The rutile twins mentioned, following closely behind Lars.
The boy looked into the sky, sure that Emerald wouldn't be able to follow him and his friends here.

"Yeah, Steven said gems are friendly now, so someone is bound to help, look, there's one now." He pointed at a blue agate, who seemed startled at his arrival. The gem quickly turned heel and began walking the other way, pretending that the gems weren't there.

"Hey, come back!" Lars called, dropping his finger and sprinting after the gem, he grabbed her by the arm, forcing her to turn around. Her face was twisted in a look of disgust and horror.

"Get off of me, organic!" She shrieked, shaking her arm from his grip. Lars stood abashed by her response, unable to find words.  

"You and your off color freaks aren't welcome here!" She yelled before running off, leaving the off colors confused and taken aback by her words.

"I predict that we will not be well received by the gems here." Padparadscha said solemnly, lowering her hands and resting them on her dress.