Chapter 38: The King's Quest

Start from the beginning

----------------------------------

"Really!? Its just your first time to fight on our sparring match?"

"Y-yeah, I'm actually surprised myself that I lasted that long against you. Its like everything slowed down and I somehow managed to dodge everything." Zerti answered, scratching the back of his head while laughing non-enthusiastically.

"Yeah right? I mean, its just your first time yet you were already able to anticipate and evade my attacks. That's really amazing y'know?"

"I don't know if that's something to be proud of though, I never once thought that I'd be trained to be a fighter myself."

"Wait, wait, wait. You never though of being a fighter? Come on Zerti, you were able to dodge my attacks that easy and you never thought of becoming one?"

"Y-yeah, really. A lot of things happened and the next thing I knew, I'm preparing to be a fighter."

"You..." Terrence sighed as he palmed his face, "Nevermind, there must be a reason why you wanted to become a fighter, I won't ask it and you can keep it yourself but remember this. I will only be your rival got it?"

"S-sure."

"Oh, looks like were here now."

In front of them was a small, decent house, it looked a little bit old but it had a nice homey atmosphere within it.

"Oooooooooiiiiii Ji-san, its me Terrence." he called as he knocked on the door.

The door clucked and creaked as it slowly opened, revealing a lean but strong figure, "Ah, Terrence! How did you get here? Its been a long time since I saw you."

"Well yeah, Papa told me that the last time you visited was when I was only three years old."

"Y-yeah, I'm sorry about that. More importantly, how did you managed to pass the Arfoyd Caves? We were lucky enough to escape death on that hell."

"You wouldn't believe it gramps, but we had a heck of a journey to get here" Terrence replied, "Oh, I almost forgot. This is my friend Zerti, he's an unbelievable guy Ji-san."

"You're not telling me that he managed to defeat that monster aren't you?"

Terrence laughed, "No, no, no, that monster is too much for me and him to handle" he said, "Before anything, do you have some food Ji-san? I'm really hungry now."

Terrence's grandfather chuckled, "I'm glad you haven't changed. Of course, there's food inside, come in and help yourself."

The boys went inside the old man's house, it was everything you'd expect when you're going to your grandparent's home. Pictures of the family hanging on the wall, a clock, some dusty old shelf, the antique furnitures, and the classic sword they used in their primes.

"Sit wherever you want, I'll just go and cook some food. Do you have any requests Terrence?"

"Dad always told me how your glazed steak tastes delicious and my taste buds had always imagined its taste, can I experience your specialty Ji-san?"

The old man chuckled, "Of course, but it takes time to prepare the ingredients I take it that you're willing to wait?"

"Anything for that steak Ji-san."

"Alright then, just wait there with your friend."

The old man then silently went onto the kitchen to do their meal, "Why does your grandfather have an old sword hanging on display?" Zerti asked curiously.