35. You, me and everyone else

Magsimula sa umpisa

Logan stayed silent. He didn't know what to say to that. Maybe his sister was right, maybe she wasn't. He didn't know anything anymore. It was all one big blimey mess.

"It is not my mistake I can't-" Eliza shook her head as he started.

"No. That is not your mistake. Your mistake, Logan, is that you wanted Alex to fall for you, even when you knew you can't love her back. You wanted her to cry and grieve and be miserable when she left you and that is the worst thing you could ever do to anyone. When you heard she was happy, what did you do, Logan?" She looked at him, eyes accusing. He looked down. "You were angry. Angry that she was happy without you. Sod the plans and whatever, if you think Alex had betrayed you, let me tell you something. You have betrayed her trust and even her friendship more than she had."

"I didn't betray her. I am sorry I can't love her but you can't-"

"You are selfish and arrogant and it is obvious that you can't love anything more than your need to be at the top, your desire for success and fame and as I said, I don't blame you. I can't. You are predisposed to be like that. Thankfully Emma and I, we got dad's DNA. It is sad you got Barbara's." It looked like pity, that emotion in her eyes. Not anger. Not hatred. Just plain pity.

Logan wanted to turn back from it. He had never liked that reaction when it was shown to him. He wasn't someone to be pitied. He was someone to be admired, respected, revered. Not pitied.

"I love you, Logan, you are my little brother and so I pray you never stop running after money, because I can't imagine how you will feel or what you will go through if you ever stop running." She shook her head as she handed a folded paper to him. "I am sorry, Logan, sorry for my part in all this."

"What is this?"

"That was Alex's letter to you when she first decided to leave you. We should have let her leave you, because it was right for her. I forced her to stay, because I thought it wasn't right for you. I am sorry we meddled. It will never happen again. And Logan, Alex will always be our friend. So we are not choosing between you and her."

"Are you insane? Nobody is asking you to choose and don't keep blathering on and on. Just tell me where she will be?"

"I don't know, but do you think I will tell you even if I know?"

"Why the hell won't you?" He spat at his sister. "What about this new apartment she was talking with Chad?" He asked.

"She hadn't still signed on the rental agreement and the old owners hadn't still left."

"Would she have gone to Chad's apartment?"

"I don't know. I don't think so. Okay? I am leaving now." She said as she stepped inside the car before she sped away. After staring at her car for a minute, he opened the letter.

He read it and for a while he couldn't comprehend it. She was planning to go away. To disappear from his life. To say a permanent goodbye. He couldn't even imagine that! Imagine that just weeks ago, she was ready to leave him completely.

Can you still blame Eliza and Emma for trying?

"Could you have lived without me, Alex? You said you loved me and yet you were planning to leave me? Barbara told me the same. Told me she has never loved anybody like she loved me, that I am her special little baby boy. She told that every day, even that day when she walked out on me." He closed his eyes as he leaned against his car and rubbed against his chest. It was hurting right there. He didn't know why.

Logan drove to Daniel's house. He did not know who else to talk to. Daniel opened the door and didn't ask anything as he walked inside.

"Come on, I have some leftover lasagna." Daniel said as he opened a box and microwaved it.