27. Memories, gifts and coming endings

I can not give you everything you want, but I will try my hardest to give you everything I possibly can give. Won't you stay? - Logan
~

~~

27. Memories, gifts and coming endings

Months until the contract become null? Seven months!!!

(Alexandra)

Alex stared at the calendar with wonder. She didn't know how fast the past three months had run, had disappeared on her. It was like time was wearing a jet pack, with the fastest fuel available and was passing by before she could even blink, even breathe.

She looked down at the sleeping man next to her. He looked peaceful, like he had no worries in his life. The usual knot in his brows whenever he was confused or thinking --which was most of the time -- or angry, was gone.

She smiled. She was smiling a lot these days, just as much she was worrying.

She didn't know why or how the three months had slipped by her sweaty fingers. She wanted more time.

Of course. It was the happiest days of her life, the most wonderful months, but she kept wondering when she would wake up. It almost felt like a dream. The happiness bursting inside her was only snuffed out by the reminder that this would not be forever. That they wouldn't be forever.

We are ending, but how can we?

As sun poured through the gap in her curtains, every morning, she woke up in Logan's warm embrace, just like today, feeling both happy and sad. Every morning she dreaded the coming train wreck.

And every night, she went to bed with Logan feeling like she belonged and when he slept, she closed her eyes with a twitch in her stomach that the day was over.

It was like torture, it was like she was a masochist, so hellbent on torturing and hurting herself, but she couldn't help it. She was her own enemy.

"Hey, stop looking at me, stalker." He smiled with a yawn. Even then, he looked handsome. It was illegal.

"I can't help it. I keep looking at you to find out what is really wrong with you."

"Nothing is wrong with me." He said with a frown.

"Well, I can't still believe it. So?"

"Whatever, Alexandra. Don't be so annoying. Oh, and be ready at six. We are going out to eat."

"What is special today?" She asked as she looked at him, wrinkling her eyes. He looked smug, like he knew something she didn't and she didn't like that. That cat just got the canary or whatever look he was sporting.

"Nothing. Can't I just take you out?" He asked, blinking up at her, looking all do innocent and cute, but she knew him. He was neither.

"No. You can't. So? Out with it already, Logan." She scowled.

"You haven't still gotten up from the bed already started fighting with me. You are unbelievable, Lex. Unbelievable."

"Yeah, I know. So tell me."

"It is a surprise."