43. A kiss goodnight

Because... My love for you is bigger than the fear of broken hearts. I am strong enough to take another broken heart, but not strong enough to not take you. - Alex.
~~~

43. A kiss goodnight

(Alexandra)

As Alex stared at her slightly bumpy stomach, Stella walked in, a phone in one hand and a muffin in another.

"I really need that muffin." Alexandra said as she pinned her hair back with a concentrated look on her eyes. She fluffed her hair and then stared.

It wasn't like this was her first date. It wasn't like Logan hadn't seen her in her worst possible moments, but still, she felt like dressing up for him. It was strange, the feelings pinging through her body, but she liked it.

This newness.

"God, you are a glutton. What is your stomach made of?" Stella whined.

"A baby." Alex said with a shrug. "A very hungry baby."

It really was.

Alex already ate her fair share, without shying away, but the baby made her more ravenous.

Sometimes she would crave for worst possible food at worst possible moments and as Logan had promised her, he would do everything possible to get that to her.

It was for the baby, their baby, he would say. But Alex knew it was for her, as well.

"But you are going to dinner with Logan, aren't you? Let me eat my muffin in peace." Stella groaned.

"Someone is cranky tonight. What happened?" Alex asked with a concerned smile as she sat next to Stella.

Stella lifted her head with a sad smile and placed it on Alex's shoulder with a sigh.

"It is Adam. He just called me to say he won't be coming this week as he had promised me. I am tired of this, Alex." Stella said as she stared at her phone and if the phone could transfer fire, Adam would have felt the heat of Stella's stare.

"Aw, I am so sorry, Stells. Maybe he have a reason."

"Yeah, reasons. There are many, but nothing good." Stella frowned as she threw the phone on the bed."So forget my miserable life. Please tell me about the dates? Have you kissed him yet?"

Alex knew Stella wanted a distraction, and she was okay playing that game. She didn't like it when her best friend was feeling sad. And miserable.

"Nah, we are taking it slow this time." Alex smirked as she grabbed her purse from the table. "Really slow. It is kinda nice."

"God, you two are one weird pair, really, but whatever. It looks like this--whatever this-- is working." Stella chuckled.

"It is working. He is amazing, he is Logan. You know, he remembers all these tiny little details that would not have mattered to someone else and when he does something, something he should have forgotten, my heart, it just- nah, I can't- I can not-"

"Not fall in love again? But tell me, Alex, did you even fall out of love?"

It was true. Alex never fell out of love, but then again, she was falling all over again and this time, she was scared to do that. Freely. It was the fear. The knowledge of what she had gone through once.