22. The morning afters and the surprises

Who dare question fate and its frivolous plans and ploys? If it is what made me meet you, and what made me fall in love with you, I am grateful for it. Even if it is the same that is going to break my heart. - Alexandra

~~~

22. The morning afters and the surprises

(Alexandra)

After a while, it got harder to keep snuggling, and it felt like Logan had the same idea. He stretched and she turned around, pretending to take a glass of water and then they both pretended they were fine where they were.

She wanted to sleep, of course, she was tired from the wedding party, but she couldn't. She closed her eyes, and somehow she felt too wound up to sleep. And a little bit guilty. But a lot turned on.

She felt like a wavering pendulum, oscillating between this and that.

Now her back was to him, but she knew he wasn't sleeping, either. She could feel his every weary breath vibrating along her skin.

She turned around, trying not to make a sound. And breathed a sigh of relief when she saw his back was to her.

She didn't know what she was doing, but her hands had a mind of their own, and they crawled around his naked back and the moment she touched his skin, he jerked up, and then stayed calm. But she could feel his shiver as she wrote his name on his skin with the tip of her finger.

It was like a game. They both knew they were playing this, but nobody knew the rules. They made it as they went along.

She drew a line on his spine before she wrapped her hands around his torso and pulled herself closer to him.

She was still afraid, but she trusted him not to hurt her, not this time.

Yes, she also knew it would hurt when she said goodbye, but she almost felt like this was the right time to give in. After seeing how soft and gentle he had been when she said no, she was sure he was the only one who could take care of her, and he was the only one she wanted to have sex. To make love.

So... If she let this moment pass, she wasn't sure when it would knock again.

Not missing this.

Her fingers, slowly, hesitantly crawled down his stomach and further down and she could feel how hard he was. How very hard and she knew what it would have taken him to say no and then invite her to sleep in his bed, just to comfort her.

If he wasn't the right man for her, who else would ever be?!

His breathing hitched when she shyly touched him and he groaned.

"What are you doing?" His voice was pained and breathy. She loved it. She loved how she made him feel. How she made her feel.

It wasn't love that he felt, but she would take lust now. At least he wasn't indifferent to her. He had never been.

"This time I am sure."

"I- I don't know." He said as he grabbed her teasing fingers and pressed it against his lips. "Do you really want to or is this just some misplaced guilt, Alex?"

"I want to be friends with benefits. No strings attached." Even as she said that, she knew she came with strings, strong strings, but she would be very careful not to let him see those strings and tangles. She could pretend that her heart was not involved in this game.

That this was all some primal, lusty instinct.

She could do that.

I can.