32. Confusing notes and confusing behaviors

My home just doesn't feel like home without you in it. - Logan
~~~
32. Confusing notes and confusing behaviors

(Logan)

Logan could not sit still at work, but they were starting a big construction project to build a high raise for one of the most prominent IT guy, Gregory Thorne, for his new company, and they were a little behind on the dates and schedules and so Logan had to stay. And had to talk to every contractor again and again until he got the right price. And the right time.

There were some kinks that he needed to iron out, some ears he needed to sweet talk and he did everything as he was supposed to, but even as he worked and talked and charmed, like a well oiled machine, he was still thinking about Alex. Deep, deep inside. About what she said.

"You getting this, Amelia?"

"Of course, Mr. Forte. Sebastian called form the site. They are bringing in the cement and bricks and sand supplies. He said that we can probably start in two to three days."

"That is good to hear. Ask Donna to call Mr. Throne's secretary and tell her about the schedule and all. Okay. We need to keep them in the loop, and we need to hurry up."

"Yes sir."

"Okay, I will be leaving now. I will look at the site before I go back home. You will finish up here and ask Tom to close. Okay?"

"Yes."

It was around six when he walked in his house. He felt thirsty and sweaty and he smelled like muddy soil from standing too long in the site.

He wanted to see Alex, but the house was dark.

He stared at the house and something felt cold. The warmth in its edges, the one Alex had bestowed to the walls in his home, to every edge and nook, it was now filled with heartless coldness.

There was an emptiness in it that he hadn't felt for a long time. A void that loomed around him, grabbing him with its grimy fingers. Even before he knew, he knew.

She is gone. He thought as he switched on the light

He walked inside the kitchen and his heart sunk when he noticed the sticky note. Their note. He grabbed it and his brows wrinkled when he read it.

Hey Logan,

I am sorry I kinda went crazy on you. I mean, this year, it was too much for me and you were always there for me, so... I kinda want to take it all back, but since I can't, I wish you can forget about it. You know. The crazy stuff. I think I exaggerated it by a mile or so. I feel like I am totally wrong about it or something.

And, yes, Logan. Yes. I will be your friend. I just hope you will forget everything I said and did. I was slightly drunk and very, very tired. See ya! Take care.

-🖤Alex.

He shrunk his nose as he read it and reread it and reread it again just to make sure he wasn't hallucinating or something. But the words were still there. Exactly as he read the first time and the next one and the next one.

What the hell did she mean by she was drunk?

Buzzed, intoxicated? The voice mocked.