44. Home is where you are

And then one day, I realized that we are not just friends. We are more than that. We are soul mates. Partners. Lovers. We are everything. - Logan
~~~

44. Home is where you are

(Alexandra)

It was like a dream. A big scary dream, where all your demons come alive and stalk you. The kind of nightmare that would make you never want to sleep.

Alex didn't know how she came all the way here, but here she was, her heart thundering in her chest, a prayer whispered in her lips, eyes swivelling around to find a way to him.

The hospital looked crowded, chaotic and full of people complaining about things.

"Logan Forte?" She said to the receptionist and she blinked at her drowsily.

Must be a long shift.

"Just a minute, mam." The woman said as she typed something.

She needed to see him. To feel him. To know that he was alright.

He should be. He should be alright.

You can not do this to me, Logan. She thought with a frown. You can not leave me.

"Alex?" Alex jerked upright from her slumped position when she heard Daniel.

She sighed.

"It is room 102 mam."

She knew it was rude to just walk away, but she didn't have patience to stand there any longer when every beat of her heart was crying out for him.

"Hi." He said and she nodded vacantly.

It had been too long since she had met him. Or anyone else from Logan's family. Too long.

At the base of her brain, she knew what manners would actually deemed it right for her to say to him right now.

A how are you, maybe.

Hello!?

But words didn't seem to fit in her tongue.

She gave him a smile that felt too thin, too broken on her lips. She felt tired. She felt like she wanted to go home, with Logan.

"Is he.... "

"Come with me." Daniel said, his voice serious. He looked serious, too.

It didn't fit with his persona.

Alex' worry doubled as she looked at Daniel with question in her eyes. He avoided her look as he walked forward.

"Daniel, please, just please tell me that he is alright. I can't- I won't-"

But Daniel kept silent as he marched through long corridors, drenched with the smell of antiseptics and cleaning liquids. He looked all business.

It really made her intestine twist and turn inside.

The long hallways seemed to grow longer and longer, whiter and whiter still. It looked bare and empty, and Alex felt like she could not breathe if she walked any longer.