42. Dates, memories and second chances

Falling in love, all over again, from the very first day feels just as splendid. - Alexandra.
~~~
42Dates, memories and second chances

(Alexandra)

Of course, Alex had ripped the damn documents, but after being coaxed by Stella and Emma and Eliza who came as soon as they heard she was pregnant, Alex has agreed to give him a chance.

She wanted to. She really wanted to. She didn't want her stubbornness to stand in the way of true happiness, if she had a 0.001 probability of reaching that.

She applied lip gloss and looked herself in the mirror, her eyes wrinkles in scrutiny.

Maybe, just maybe, as Stella had pointed out with some pretty strong words added in for extra effects, he wasn't doing it only for the baby.

Oh, yes, she hoped with all her heart that he had feelings for her as he proclaimed and when she wasn't hoping, she was having very naughty dreams about him. Eyes opened and closed.

It was like this pregnancy hormones was making her horny all the damn time and seeing Logan in that sexy shirt didn't help her any when she opened the door for him.

But soon she was speechless when she saw the woman standing next to him.

"You... " Alex said as she looked at Logan with bewildered confusion and he shrugged a shoulder as if it wasn't so out of the ordinary. But it was.

Here he was... With, with Barbara.

"Can I come in?"

"Logan?" Alex said and he gave her a small smile.

"We talked. It is kinda a long story, but she will tell you the short version." He said and Alex nodded.

"Oh, come in." Alex said, feeling guilty all the while. It felt like she was cheating on Beth or something, which was really weird, but what the heck. She was getting weirder and weirder the moment she said yes to Logan and his insane proposal. So...

"Thank you, Alexandra." Barbara said as she walked in. "This is for you." She handed a bag to him and Alex accepted it with hesitation. She didn't want to offend or be rude, but all the while, she kept thinking strange thoughts.

"Coffee, tea, anything?"

"Oh, don't bother. As per Logan's request, I have to tell you this and then scatter." Barbara smiled and Alex saw the look she threw at Logan when Logan wasn't looking. One of yearning. Like she wanted to be in his life, really, really in his life. Alex's heart melted.

Now she understood what being a mother meant, and no matter how Barbara messed up, she deserved a second chance.

Logan did too. You know!

That voice, that stupid voice was back.

Welcome back, Alex thought with a sarcastic frown.

"Nonsense." Alex said as she opened the box Barbara had bought and sighed. "You bought me macaroons?! God, you, you are a mind reader. I have been having this urge to eat them for a day now." Alex said as she inhaled the fresh scent.

"Why didn't you call me?" Logan asked. "I could have bought that for you. For now on, if you ever feel like eating anything, just call."

"What if I want to eat a plate of brownie at three in the morning?" She asked with a smirk and he gave her a look, a look that could break every one of the walls she had built around her heart, against him.

The walls were crumbling already and she couldn't help it.

This was Logan.

And she had not stopped loving him. She couldn't. She was just afraid of showing him how much she still loved.